Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bike carrying question
  • shooterman

I’m thinking of buying a Passat CC. Roof bars can’t be fitted so my roof mounted cycle carrier can’t be used. Has anyone got a CC and if so how do you carry your bikes on it?

warns74
    Free Member

Why can’t they be fitted?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

CC means soft top I believe so bars can’t be fitted.

Scratch that, Google search shows plenty of CC’s with bars fitted.

warns74
    Free Member

Thought the Passat CC was a sort of 4 door coupe?

shooterman

No locators on roof to screw roofbars into

zerolight
    Free Member

Fit a tow bar? That’s my plan, though not on a CC.

simondbarnes

Seasucker

OrangeLad
    Free Member

Not quite the same car but I’ve a 6 series gran coupe and like you no way of using traditional roof bars. I ended up going down the seasickness route. Great bit of kit managed to get it on bonkers discount from probikekit towards the end of last year.

warns74
    Free Member

You dont need locators or fixing points and not all cars have them. Just get the thule roof bars and remember to clean the bits of the roof before you put them on?

OrangeLad
    Free Member

The problem is you can’t use traditional bars with cars with frameless doors.

warns74
    Free Member

And yet thule list options for both the 2008-2011 passat CC and the 2012+ model, as well as Google image search being full of photos of CCs with roof bars?

dallas95
    Free Member

You can get a fitting kit for thule or whispbar for frameless doors. I have roof bars fitted to my A5 which is frameless. I got mine from roofbox as link above.

sweepy
    Free Member

the roofbox site gives three options, but says that none can be used if you have the panoramic sunroof

shooterman

Cheers to all. Plenty of options then!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bike carrying question’ is closed to new replies.