Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Thanks to JE James, esp Shaun in mail order dept
  • robdob
    Free Member

Ordered a Specialized Tricross on BTW scheme from them via email. Arranged to pick it up from Rotherham store, but eventually it went to Sheffield store by mistake. Shaun tried his best for me and was very helpful, and the guys at the Sheffield store built it up last minute so I could take it there and then, despite being very busy. Lady serving in “leisure” side of Sheffield store very knowledgable, and they apologised profusely for the mistake (had offered to ship it to Rotherham but I said it didn’t matter). Loads of people picking bikes up when I was there, with loads of kit that had been recommended to them which all looked spot on for them.
    So, yes, they made a mistake but sorted it out very quickly and were very helpful. I wasn’t wanting to get a bike from them after hearing some horror stories but I had no choice as they had the only 52cm left in Yorkshire. I would consider buying from them again now.

scruzer
    Free Member

After 21 hours this post isnt quiet without a reason! It will take more than one almost decent bit of cutomer service to convince me! Very recently i was qoted a week to replce a bearing in a wheel-“leave it with us”. Not likley!! Got it done in 10 minutes elsewhere…

robdob
    Free Member

Would you expect a busy car garage to do a half hour job instantly, and knock back all their other customers who booked in advance, just because you are impatient? They were ultra busy when I went in, on a Wednesday at 5.30pm, mechanics building bikes until they shut.
    If it’s a busy workshop, you should expect to have to book it in. Or man up a bit and learn to do it yourself.
    I’m not defending JE James in particular here, just any busy bike shop.

scruzer
    Free Member

I understand your point and wasnt que jumping but they didnt appear busy and would have been happy to leave it a day or two but not a week. I was on holiday and passing by (I told them this). Many shops look out for people passing by/passing trade as well as locals and therefore can accomodate the odd ‘drop in’. When local then I dont mind the wait as such

benji_allen
    Free Member

I got a bit of a going over on here for mentioning good service from a shop, and ‘miswording’ comments about another local shop. Just send an e-mail to Shaun. Cheers me up no end when I get compliments for work.

robdob
    Free Member

Will do.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Hey Robdob, I’m sure the staff at JE James lurk on this forum! It is good to get nice feedback…

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

We’re always lurking around Dev!

Thanks for the positive thread robdob, we’re glad we could be of service!

Back off to lurking stealth mode now. 8)

JEJ

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Thanks to JE James, esp Shaun in mail order dept’ is closed to new replies.