• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Big Purple Throbbing Monster…
  • mboy
    Free Member

Made you look! 😉

Well new frame (an On One 29er Inbred in case you hadn't guessed) arrived this morning, and glad I went for purple not orange in the end…

Obviously now just have to get it built up! So best order a new headset and a seatclamp and the rest can be transferred straight over from my old Rig.

OH, and a prize to anyone who can guess the weight (to the nearest ounce) correctly… Yes, I'm sad, I weighed it!

MrTall
    Free Member

Can't be as good as my orange one because mine cost £43 more…… 😉

Looking forward to seeing it built.

mboy
    Free Member

LOL @ MrTall

Did you weigh your frame at all? Not that I'm that bothered, but I was quite shocked to put it mildly, as is the 29er Inbred basically just a normal Inbred front end with a slightly longer back end?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

6lbs 2 oz, thats what mine was

firestarter
    Free Member

looks nice tho i was a bit let down to find it wasnt a pugsley if im honest 😉

MrTall
    Free Member

Mine was a shade over 6lbs in 21" size which is roughly what i was expecting. Despite being built up as a rigid singlespeed i doubt the eventual weight will be much under 28lbs or so as there is nothing fancy going onto it (apart from an 'Wiggle Special' matching Orange Charge Spoon saddle).

epicsteve
    Free Member

I must weight mine one day. By the sounds of it the frame probably weighs about the same as my Epic's does.

mboy
    Free Member

5lb 14oz in the 18" for mine…

Like I said, not that bothered, just a bit surprised given it's "only" a normal Inbred with a slightly longer back end, isn't it?

nicko74

a) that's going to cause some accidents
    b) 6lbs?!!

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Don't transfer the rest of the stuff over…upgrade and sell me your old stuff cheap! 😉

Eccles
    Free Member

6lb hardtail, pointy seatstays, purple?

It's 1993 again and I claim my five pounds.

lcj

Sweet! Nice colour!

Looks like it's new on one frame day – I've just had word that my lime green 456 is waiting at home. Looks like a night in the garage for me!

lookmanohands
    Free Member

And what's appening to the rig then! 😉

mboy
    Free Member

a) that's going to cause some accidents

eh? 😕

Don't transfer the rest of the stuff over…upgrade and sell me your old stuff cheap!

LOL, can't afford to matey, sorry… Not at the moment anyhow. Figure on their being an 8spd Alfine hub on a Mavic 29er rim for sale in a few months though when that 11spd Alfine hub comes out!

6lb hardtail, pointy seatstays, purple?

It's 1993 again and I claim my five pounds.

It would be, but nobody ran 29er wheels in 1993… 😉

Looks like it's new on one frame day – I've just had word that my lime green 456 is waiting at home. Looks like a night in the garage for me!

Nice one, have fun. I've gotta wait for a new headset and seatclamp yet, so probably won't be built to mid/end of next week for me…

And what's appening to the rig then!

Frame to be sold to the highest bidder, if you get me… All the parts on it being donated to the new frame…

PePPeR

How come you're changing over from the Rig then?

How different is the On One over the Gary Fisher?

Only interested cos if its a big differences I could be interested!

Although the main thing I would like to get built up is one of those rear hubs like yours, they look ideal for me.

mboy
    Free Member

Now completed and ready to ride in the morning!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Big Purple Throbbing Monster…’ is closed to new replies.