Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • Big Bike Bash 2013 – General Chat
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Yah but that’s coz they like to sweat

redstripe
    Free Member

The price; for comparison, the Forestry Commission campsite up the road is charging £120 + for a family of 4 to camp over the bank holiday weekend, without the supporting charity bit, events, real ale and music.
    Tickets are getting close to the limit now so be quick anyone who wants one, likely to close in the next day or so. The course the guys have laid out looks fantastic. Lots of prizes, beer and goodies arriving now too.

The question on fires – sorry no ground fires, off the ground BBQ’s possible – see FAQs on BBB website.
    Car parking – ditto see FAQs, but we have got a big extra field to use now, was up there today, great views and plenty of space but we do try and limit people driving around the site once here.
    Locals question – again on FAQs, plenty are coming and have bought tickets, some staying over, some going home and coming back whenever, same great value price whatever your choice – but just to stress you will need a ticket/wristband to be on site and take part in anything or just to watch.
    cheers

molgrips
    Free Member

Sorry, don’t get me wrong I am not complaining about the price. I agree it is excellent value, we just don’t have enough cash to spare this month that’s all. We just had visitors over and overspent a bit, as you do.

singletrackmind

Bugger
    Can someone reserve me a ticket please ? ( again )
    Ta

ciderinsport
    Free Member

STM – you have a special reservation 🙂

cchris2lou

Coming with family and friends. Received my confirmation email but nothing since ?
    Should I have got another email by now?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

No. Just being the confirmation

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Check your spam! Another email went out last week!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Mmmm, spam.

dcl

Is there somewhere I can look at emails.
    My receipt and any emails seem to be lost and none in spam
    Thanks

mattbee

I’ve not received another emai. Either and I can’t find one in my spam bin etc…

ciderinsport
    Free Member

For those who can’t find it – this is the text!

Hello

Thank you for purchasing tickets to the Big Bike Bash 2013!

It’s nearly time for the team to start preparing the course and building stuff that needs building, ready for your arrival next weekend.

Please take a few moments to read the information below and attached prior to your arrival. Attached is the Event Information Booklet – no need to print it, each booking will receive a glossy copy on arrival!

If using a sat nav to get here, please use the postcode BH23 8ED and enter Avon Tyrrell from the east via Braggers Lane – using our normal postcode often sends you up a narrow private track to the west of the site, to a locked gate you can’t get through and our neighbour gets grumpy about this.
    Arrival time and registration from about 3pm on Friday 23rd please (no earlier) or after 9am Saturday.
    Camping – we have loads of space, with the addition of an extra field looking south west over the Avon Valley, you will not be squeezed in! Find a space, pitch your tent! The extra field we have borrowed from a neighbour – please respect the boundary – this has never been used by anyone before, and we want it next year too!

Music – Live music is confirmed for Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings! We have even organised a kids disco each evening.

Food and drink – loads of options, see the last page of Event Information Booklet for details!

Race numbers – You received a number when you booked – ignore it! Our system failed – you will get a number board for every one who paid for race entry. When your set up, and numbers are on your bikes please sign on in the main marquee.

What might you need to bring – a bike, a helmet, plenty of cash to buy food / beer / sweets / t-shirts etc!

Toilets and showers – we have more than ever before! We will have them all sign posted!

Any other questions? Find most answers here: http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk/faq

Have a safe journey.

The BBB Team

cchris2lou

Got 2 today , all good .

brokensoul
    Free Member

I wish I was coming. 😥

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Brokensoul – 2014 🙂 plan now!

mattbee

Will be buying next years tickets at the end of the month.
    In sadder news I had a molar removed yesterday and its rather sore so I won’t be troubling the upper ranks in the racing. Hopefully I will recover enough aplomb to defend my 2nd place in the pint to pint last year, it’s the highest I’ve ever placed in a race!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

MattBee – not tempted by the malt loaf eating competition then….

Looking forward to seeing everyone again

DrP

MattBee – not tempted by the malt loaf eating competition then….

Speaking as the winner at BBB1 in this prestigious event, must advise against it if you have any issues with frantic, observed mastication…

DrP

JasonDS

I’ll sample some of the lovely ale on your behalf Brokensoul. Get booked up for next year and we’ll see you there 🙂

luke
    Free Member

Someone left there malt loaf in the beer tent at BBB 2010, obviosuly not man enough to compete with the rest:

And YES this was a malt loaf

LoCo
    Free Member

😆

redstripe
    Free Member

Ticket sales stopped now, sorry sold out

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Great news!!

All the marshals get to wear skin tight tops in Nasal Vomit Green!

I won’t post a picture just to save your retinas

singlecrack
    Free Member

Is there going to be a bike jumble this year ?? ( I know I ask every year )
    It just seems lots of people may have gear to shift on …and with the price of postage and trust these days ……maybe a donation of the profits go to Avon Tyrell ??

Clink

Is there going to be a bike jumble this year ??

Thinking of selling the Yelli? 😆

singlecrack
    Free Member

Clink …I’m sure you’d have lots of frames to sell …..you know… hardly used …wrong decision made ??……too long in the chain stay department …..you get the idea

Clink

What is this ‘chain stay’ you talk of? 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

Loading the van ready not sure how going to fit all my event stuff and the family kit in too, need a trailer 😉

6079smithw
    Free Member

Quality!

cchris2lou

just back .

Great week-end again . 😀

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Great weekend and loving the extra day.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Great weekend and loving the extra day.

paulburt.co.uk
    Free Member

First time at the Big Bike Bash and had a great time. Well done to the all the UK Youth organisers.
    I’ve uploaded tons of photos to http://www.flickr.com/photos/100872501@N06/sets/72157635250455179
    enjoy!

Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Big Bike Bash 2013 – General Chat’ is closed to new replies.