Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)
  • Big Bike Bash 2013 – General Chat
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Well if the Brighton Big Dog can do it hopefully I won’t get banned for it.

Who is coming?
    What are you most looking forward to?
    What can be improved from last year?
    Which STWer are you most hoping to meet/avoid?
    Any recommendations/advice to the BBB virgins, I mean new guests?

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Bbb chat thread!

Ace idea wca

Maybe I could add some information 🙂

JasonDS

Looking forward to meeting up with Keith and family again (are you going this year Keith?)

Not looking to crashing again on the jump track 🙁

Would you like me to bring my home brew cider again this year WCA?

A001.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

With regards to home brewed cider I think you will need to bring several litres for ‘testing’ by our cider expert in residence and this years main organiser ‘CiderInSport’.

On the subjexct of Kieth, Kieth from Perfect Balance Cycles has donated a £190 BMX for auction / raffle. Nice one Kieth

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes I’m coming 😀 Do I need a bmx as well as the MTB for the pump track?

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Loco – get my message earlier?

Jason – yes I do like cider! Even hired a massive fridge just to keep it chilled (for me!) at the bash 🙂
    Might ‘loan’ you a little corner 😉

redstripe
    Free Member

I’ll be there but then I always am.
    Advice for newbies – read the FAQS page on BBB website before you come.
    We have a bike shop on site now in partnership with Gone Biking Mad

darkcyan
    Free Member

Kinda chuffed you have copied my thread name.

DC

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi Cider, yes I did thanks but not until I was walking out the door at 1830ish, will sort it tomorrow, thank you 😀

Now what’s this about cider….

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

darkcyan – you guys rock!

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Just got off the phone to another band!!

3 nights of live music, disco’s, 30 barrels of beer, loads of cider for me, some lager and wine, oh and some bike races 🙂

I can’t wait! So I’m going this weekend 😉

qwerty
    Free Member

Scared of the water jump & rain, looking forwards to ale & hopefully, if I pull my finger (wallet) out instead of a boring Handjob I’ll be much more rigid on a 69er.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Scared of the water jump – we have a mulch jump you can practice on. Last year a 4 year old did the lake jump so MTFU 😉

Rain – not booked for this year

Ale – Good call

Rigid 69er – My Ti one will be there for you to try if you like and you don’t need to give me a hand job!

transporter13
    Free Member

Never been before. Is it any good?
    Considering taking the family, with 3-4 bikes. Can kids just mooch about on their bikes?
    Only heard about it via an advert for tickets in the classifieds
    Anything that I should know?

JasonDS

Brilliant event – whole family enjoyed it last year.

Here’s a thread from last years with lots of feedback: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/big-bike-bash-7

julianwilson
    Free Member

Who is coming?

I am, with t’wife and kids.

What are you most looking forward to?

Pint-to-pint raceevent.

What can be improved from last year?

ooh, i dunno. Last year was the best of all of them IMHO. I’d have to say that despite it also improving year-on-year, the food is still the bit it would be good to see improved further upon, as in price vs nommyness vs quantity vs availibility. The ghost/ghoul lollies were totally ace though.

Which STWer are you most hoping to meet/avoid?

You are all ace. It would be good to see Matt Treviss being all-round racing snake/font of knowledge/fun-size package of enthusiasm this year as he spent the last one in hospital.

Any recommendations/advice to the BBB virgins, I mean new guests?

-You will enjoy it but your kids will enjoy it even more. There really isn’t an event quite like it if you are under 12.
    -If you have a choice of bikes, leave the bouncy one at home and go short travel/no travel.
    -Bring lights for the rather excellent night race, and finding your way back to your tent after bands and beer.
    -before you get too ‘customer services’ on their asses, remember pretty much everyone working there that weekend is doing so as a volunteer and putting in some seriously long hours that week! Anyone who admits to being related to or staying with Nick/WCA particularly deserves a gin! 😉
    -Bring bastid hard tent pegs and mallet: there are quite a few parts of the campsite where under the 3 inches of nice earth in the campsite lies a layer of flint with the occasional break in it to allow your tent pegs in a couple of inches further. Bent a lot of pegs the first year, more recently had success with those big chunky yellow ones and the ones that are basically 8″ stainless steel nails with plastic hooks on the top.
    -Stay a night or two extra either side. It is lovely round there and worth a camping trip even when there isn’t a BBB on.
    -Stay the monday night and acquire some clean empty containers so you can help the empty the remaining ale barrels on monday after everyone has gone home.

thomthumb
    Free Member

I’m excited. I feel that this might be the year to do the lake jump!

the food is still the bit it would be good to see improved further upon

I’ll let the others fill in the details but i have heard things that will please you…

EDIT. i would like to retain my title of foot down champion. BRING IT 😈

thomthumb
    Free Member

i’m looking forward to having a go in the kayaks this year.

and maybe the climbing wall.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Food was noted from last year and Robin has new and nom non nommier food lined up this year

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Transporter – kids can mooch about on bikes. Go on pedalos climb climbing walls zip wire across the lake do archery

PS can’t find the comma on this phone

bikebouy
    Free Member

I seem to miss all WCA’s events, this I will try to get too..

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just like to say that although this was my idea it is everyone else who does the hard work

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Food, yes!

If you have brought your ticket, watch your inbox! Just putting the final touches to something new, that includes the food on offer and all the prices!
    Oh, and all the other info you may want 🙂

In the mean time, don’t forget to look here:
    http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk/faq

LoCo
    Free Member

Accomodation sorted now, cheers Robin 😀

Need to get my daugter training for the racing now 😉

mattbee

Third year for my wife and me. We love it, perfect mix of riding, drinking and more drinking.
    More local village fete than UCI World Cup in organisation style but that’s a lot of the charm.

DezB
    Free Member

I’m a BBB Virgin 😀

I have no idea how to enjoy myself. But of course, I will be doing the lake jump… (maybe)

qwerty
    Free Member

Anyone got access to paediatric EPO dosages?

singletrackmind

Apparently there will be Real Ale available from most of Hampshires breweries. Including Bowman , Irving , Andwell , Oakleaf , Upham , Itchen Valley ( natch) plus Dorset Brewing company , Sunny Republic and draught Cider as well

singlecrack
    Free Member

Trying to fit a beer rack to my fatty as we speak ….

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We’ll be there. Not missed one yet, and don’t intend to…!
    We actually delayed out holiday so we could come this year, we’re off to the USA on the Tuesday after!
    Even if you don’t want to ride, there’s soooo much to do 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Denham of DC Cycles has delayed his honey moon to be there. Proper commitment from our sponsors

brokensoul
    Free Member

Unfortunately, we can’t make it this year. 🙁
    Hope you all have a great time, just watch out for the bloke with the limp, he’ll have a super-soaker somewhere close.
    Jason, don’t bother trying to teach Sam how to ride the pump track, he’ll just laugh at you when he passes you, again. 😛
    Enjoy.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Anyone checked their in boxes 🙂

julianwilson
    Free Member

DezB – Member

I’m a BBB Virgin

Dez there is a guy there most years with the most fantastic sidewhiskers, you must meet him! 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Funny enough we have a special order on DezB race plates. He always get 001 as he has been the first bloke since this was a party in my garden

LoCo
    Free Member

Is there a specific lake jump bike for everyone to use or is a bring your own?
    As will have to prep. the BMX if it’s BYO.
    😀

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Loco, we are so nice we provide a range of bikes!

However, your more than welcome to bring your own 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

😀 Ace, think we may have needed a crane to recover it anyway as quite ‘retro’ 😯

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Best ever bike for the lake jump was a sit up and beg with balloons in the basket on the handlebars

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just finalised the weather for the weekend. Hot and sunny so don’t forget the suncream!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Big Bike Bash 2013 – General Chat’ is closed to new replies.