Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bicycles stolen – South Manchester – West Didsbury area
  • edward2000
    Free Member

Hi everyone.

Last night (27th) my shed was broken into (again) and items were stolen. I had in my shed 3 bicycles which were chained to the ground. The bicycles were not stolen (coontray to my post!), instead the thieves stripped my orange 5, and part stripped my Kona stuff.

There is not a lot I or you can do, but i do feel very aggrieved hence my post here. I’ve rang the police and reported it and soon I will get on to my insurance company. The items which were stolen included:

Fox 36 Talas 120-160 Kashima in black
    Avid Elixir 7 brakes
    Rockshox reverb 2012 (black collar one – silver collar = 2011!)
    Nukeproof warhead bars
    Shimanno xt shifters and xtr rear derailleur
    SDG saddle
    Hope 4 pot mono M4 (quite old) these had red braided hoses.

Oddly my wheels were left behind.

I guess the only hope is if that these items come on ebay or here from the same seller, but then I cant prove they were mine.

Luckily i had my 2 other bikes and my girls bike in the house.

If you live in south Manchester, id be vary wary. This also happened to me in October last year.

Does anyone have any security advice or know of any products which can help? The scumbags even stole my shed alarm!

Thanks

Ed

acidchunks

Sorry for your loss fella. 🙁

Seems like there’s been quite a few Manchester bike thefts posted on here since I joined…very glad I keep all mine in the spare room!

project
    Free Member

Depending on the construction of your shed, wood, concrete as in a garage etc, reinforce the door and frame, fit decent locks on the door and bolts though the hinges if theyre T hinges, secure the roof from inside with builders band and long screws, fit a shed alsarm that also rings int he house. cover the windows with steel bars or mesh.

nathaneddy
    Free Member

awful.

bellys
    Free Member

I feel for you mate…now last October I had 2 bikes stolen in reddish and on the 24th last Friday I had my replacement bike stolen….there must be a connection ?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bike-stolen-manchester

uwe-r
    Free Member

Where have you been riding? Just thinking followed home? I’m in south manc – will keep my eye out.

justatheory
    Free Member

Sorry to hear about that, crap news.

Withington, Mersey Bank, Nell Lane…West Didsbury is surrounded by some scrotey areas. So glad I got out to the leafy suburbs of Cheetham Hill.

crazy-legs

They’ll have been waiting for the insurance replacements. It’s very common, once you’ve been done over, they’ll know the layout and security (or lack thereof) and they’ll know that in 3 months time, you’ll have got new bikes/kit off the insurance. Time to come back for more easy pickings.

Will keep an eye out, S Manc based here too.

JohnnyPanic

Sorry for your loss. Had a couple taken from my garage 3 years ago.
    Since then I’ve alarmed the place and upped the stakes on bolts. It helps that I can park the car up to the door.

Alarm in the shed that sounds in the house as well.
    Big siren in the shed.
    Baby monitor in the shed.
    Personal attack alarm connected to the bikes & hidden.
    Alarm mine?

nathaneddy
    Free Member

just heard that Philip Hindes had his Pinarello stolen from West Didsbury. Gold medal wasn’t nabbed, tho

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bicycles stolen – South Manchester – West Didsbury area’ is closed to new replies.