Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Beware, thicko northern morons!!!!!
  • oopnorth
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl – Member

Is an Orange Five compulsory oop North?

Why you asking me?….I ride an Enduro! But I know a few that do. 😆

gsp1984
    Free Member

But Orange’s are pretty hefty aren’t they? No fun on the climbs surely?

That’s a bit of a myth because the frame looks beasty.

My 2012 five pro weighs pretty much exactly the same as my mate trek fuel ex 9.something… At around 11.5kg so no heavy weight. It climbs better than my cube hardtail too.

It has a few extras that save a bit of weight (hope stainless BB, Hope tech M4s, Fox factory RLC forks, Fox factory rp23 shock, hope headset, maxle rear, easton haven carbon bars, Thomson x4 stem, Gobi xm with magnesium rail) but also has a reverb which adds a bit. The rest is standard five pro so not the lightest spec but still as light as the trek.

cinnamon_girl

Ah OK. The ‘industrial’ look is just for effect then. 😉

gsp1984
    Free Member

Tractor look is still proven to be very strong and solid so I guess not just for effect.

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

That Patriot looks great. Ooooooo Dougie Dougie. I’m sure i remember him from the purple helmets. 😀

Coyote
    Free Member

Quality riding. May watch that again later. Cheers ton!

_tom_
    Free Member

out of interest how does their ‘skill level’ compare with the general population on here?

I would be crap at most of that stuff. The drops I could do but I’m shit at slow techy rocky stuff.

Good vid ton 🙂

ton

cupid stunt – Member
    That Patriot looks great. Ooooooo Dougie Dougie. I’m sure i remember him from the purple helmets.

you very well may be on to something.

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

lovely vid, cheered me up.

hilldodger
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    out of interest how does their ‘skill level’ compare with the general population on here?

Can they make a half decent smoked salmon soufflé ?
    How’s their crema ?
    Do they shave with a vintage razor fitted with diamond edges blades ?
    Do they cook with single estate cold pressed olive oil in artisan crafted cast iron pots ?
    Can they identify the OS of a smart phone from 40 paces ?

If not, I fear their ‘skill levels’ are sadly far below that of the ‘average stw poster’ 😉

Diane
    Free Member

Lovely 😀

wors

Cracking riding and vid as always

If I had a five, that would be a doddle, but as I ride a blue pig i’d probably walk most of that 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I really liked watching all the slow-tech rocky bits. I’d definitely struggle with that kind of riding; I’d struggle to find many places around here that offer that kind of riding.

The best bit IMO was that impressive climb up over that large rock. I was impressed.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Those trails look great. Would love to give them a try. Would probably fall down most of it, and the rest I would be frozen at the top sobbing. But I would like to try.

Anybody fancy organising a group ride?

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I’m from Calderdale and I don’t recognise large portions of that. I need to get out more, clearly…

Looks turbo-rad.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

My 2012 five pro weighs pretty much exactly the same as my mate trek fuel ex 9.something… At around 11.5kg so no heavy weight. It climbs better than my cube hardtail too.

It has a few extras that save a bit of weight (hope stainless BB, Hope tech M4s, Fox factory RLC forks, Fox factory rp23 shock, hope headset, maxle rear, easton haven carbon bars, Thomson x4 stem, Gobi xm with magnesium rail) but also has a reverb which adds a bit. The rest is standard five pro so not the lightest spec but still as light as the trek.

I think your scales are broken.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

+1

jojoA1
    Free Member

Nice! I want to ride there.
    Most skilled bit, to my mind is the up and over rock traverse where the second guy stalls.
    Ton, is that your neck of the woods? Care to show me round one day?

ton

got to say, the stuff the lad’s ride is far beyond my skill level.
    when i ride with them i tend to do a fair bit of pushing and mincing.

jojo, i think you would be made most welcome to ride with them/me, once i am well.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

ton is their publicist 😉

wl
    Free Member

Careful not to sh*t on your own doorstep by spilling the location beans. Last thing you want is cheeky trails closed off or sabotaged.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Exactly. I know where most of the places are or at least a rough idea but I’m keeping quiet. Otherwise there’ll be hoards of STWers walking down with their bikes next time I’m there!

ton

😆

Vinte
    Free Member

DaveyBoyWonder, those tips you sent me a while ago have been coming in handy again. I was back in the area last week. I’m also discovering lots of other hidden treasures 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Can’t even remember what they were mate. Halifax area I assume?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

In fact just found the mail I sent you – all good stuff on there but relatively well known 🙂

cardo

Great vid … love it!

gsp1984
    Free Member

They were broke, my bad, its actually 29lbs lol.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Beware, thicko northern morons!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.