Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Betws-y-Coed (or there abouts) accommodation – recommendations
  • KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I’m thinking of having a cheapish Welsh weekend and using Betws-y-Coed as a base. Arriving Friday night, leaving Sunday.

Riding Pont Scethin and Penmanchno but if I have time Machynlleth too.

Can anyone recommend any bike friendly accommodation in the area? B&B, Hostel, Holiday let, etc.

ART

If it’s only Penmachno that you are planning ride further north then you are probably better basing yourself in Dolgellau. Loads of accommodation recommendations on old threads if you search. 🙂

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Cheers ART. We’ll be coming from the North and Pont Scethin, maybe Mach are the trails the furthest away. I’ll have a search 🙂

mrchrist

You could stay I Corris which is very close to Mach and Pont Secthin, options are Braich Coch or Corris Hostel. You coudl ride Mach from the hostel!

You could then do Penmanchno (which is rubbish) on your way home on Sunday.

I am planning on doing Pont Secthin at the end of March, might see you there!

mrchrist

Oh an in Coris the pub sell amazing beer but really bad food…depends what your pririties are!

footflaps

I would go for somewhere in Mach – nicest town around that area.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

OK, thanks folks.

I’m considering April 21st/22nd. The main ride is Pont Scethin having read good things about it. Penmachno (which I’ve ridden plenty of times and quite like the natural feel it has for a trail center) was for Sunday and the journey home.

Quite happy to ride something new though and with Mach close it makes sense. Will check these options 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Betws-y-Coed (or there abouts) accommodation – recommendations’ is closed to new replies.