Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Best winter shoe/boot?
  • thwapy
    Free Member

After years of riding with cold feet, even with a merino sealskin/overshoe combo, I thought Santa might bring me some winter shoes/boots for Crimbo. Anyone have thoughts on the best out there for around £120 mark?

ton
    thwapy
    Free Member

Do they do MTB boots? Sorry if that was not clear from my post but I am after boots for the bike… Ta

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Shimano MW80
    Fantastic shoe. Feet always toasty in these. Would recommend a size larger though to accommodate thicker socks.
    You should be able to get them cheaper if you shop around.

Teetosugars
    Free Member
    Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I got the older northwave celcius and they do the trick for me. Got mine for £60 though 😀

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=57564

floyd_england
    Free Member

MW80s are the dogs danglies!!!

firestarter
    Free Member

I have mw80 but I have been using flats and My matterhorn boots in This weather

thwapy
    Free Member

A mate of mine was using Northwave a couple of weeks ago and loved them but I have heard good things about Shimano Mw80’s too, any others?

thwapy
    Free Member
    ojom
    Free Member

Been wearing these non stop
    http://www.thebikechain.co.uk/Shimano-MT91-SPD-Shoe-44-201006210405/

They are just fantastic.
    Doing a deal on some sizes that we and Madison have too.

gamo
    Free Member

Mw80’s are great.

1nten5e
    Free Member

Northwave Celsius here, just got some new ones a couple of weeks ago….perfect timing for the weather we’re having now……never had cold feet since I got them

mtb_matt
    Free Member

MW80 +1

z1ppy

Having owned NW Celsius, MT91’s & MW80’s, I wish I’d not messed around & gone straight for the MW80’s.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

MW80’s were going for £96 on poobay, not looked for a while though!

wait…

Nope, all gone. Cheapest I could fine = £105

floyd_england
    Free Member

£105 is a good price

thwapy
    Free Member

Where did you see them for £105 Love Tubs? Looks like I might go for those, especially if I can get them for that price. Thanks for all the help folks.

bigbob38
    Free Member

Gearne polar…. better cuff than northwave and very well made IMO

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Used my MW80s the other day for the first time, we’ve not had masses of snow but it was cold, morning started at -6 degrees C, wore them over merion sealskinz. Felt a bit wierd but some of that was poxy cleat alignment. Feet were warm throughout the ride, the inner sole particularly seems really good at insulating the feet during puncture stops – I should know lol!

Got them when my LBS had a online discount voucher, £107.
    Fitting is very peculiar though, I’m usually a 44 but have ended up in 46 on the MW80, I think others have had similar experiences.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

MW80s here too.

I was out in the Peaks last sunday in -7 with just normal socks on and they were toasty.

glynP
    Free Member

+1 for MW80 but I just use the same size as my summer shoe and thats with thick wool socks

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Best winter shoe/boot?’ is closed to new replies.