Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Best way to sell a house – one agent or more?
  • chickadee
    Free Member

I need to sell my house presto pronto and am marketing it through a single estate agent. We’ve had 5 viewers in 3 weeks and one offer that fell through. Is it worth going on with 2 agents & taking the financial strap-on (higher commision for double vs single agents) or do most people find their houses via the internet rather than registering with an agent. Any advice?

nickjb
    Free Member

They all advertise on the same websites. Everyone I know looks on-line.

jam-bo

best way to sell your house quick is to drop the price, not employ another agent…

nuke

Most people look online and if you’re on with multiple agents, they’ll all put your house online…loads of the same advert on RightMove/Findaproperty always looked desperate from a buyers perspective imo. I’d agree with jam bo.

TiRed

One agent – more looks desperate on rightmove and primelocation. Get three valuations, pick the middle one. Accept 7% less than the asking price. We sold our house in six weeks in April. Still looking for a new one!

Oh and avoid Hamptons – their strategy is to pitch with an over-valuation to secure business and then get the seller to chip away at the price.

Realistically priced houses will sell.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Best way to sell a house – one agent or more?’ is closed to new replies.