Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Best way to pay on Pinkbike?
  • I’ve just agreed to buy a 26″ Shan frame on PB – can’t see too much about the fella who’s selling it, apart from he seems to sell quite a few bits, but doesn’t look like a trader.

What’s the usual agreed/safest method of payment to make sure I actually receive the goods? Collecting isn’t an option

Ta

legend
    Free Member

Paypal

Aren’t fees a rip off?

legend
    Free Member

Make sure the seller covers the fees, they are your insurance against an actual rip-off

EDIT: didn’t mean buyer

Drac

He is the buyer.

legend
    Free Member

Yeah, had brain fade

geoffj

Buyer benefits from having the insurance and so should pay the full fat PayPal fees.

tomhoward

The buyer gives paypal an amount agreed with the seller, PayPal deduct their fees then give what’s left to the seller. If you pay by PayPal gift, the seller doesn’t have to pay any fees but the buyer has no protection from PayPal (but might if he uses a credit card to fund the transaction, through chargeback, but I think that is a grey area)

Dickyboy

Paypal Fees give you peace of mind, sure the make a stack of money but 3% is not a huge amount in the scheme of things – in my mind sellers should factor in delivery & PayPal if people aren’t collecting & paying cash

bigblackshed

Paypal goods and add the fees. Plenty of “fee calculators” on ‘tinternet.

mickmcd
    Free Member

i thought pinkbike only accepted x box consoles and ps4 games as payment….or swaps

Drac

Paypal goods and add the fees. Plenty of “fee calculators” on ‘tinternet.

Eh? Why would he want to pay the fees.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yep Xboxes, ‘Peds and vague promises of “yeah I’ll take it, I’ve just got to ask Mum for 2 and a half years of pocket money in adavance” are the currency of Pinkbike.

geoffj

Eh? Why would he want to pay the fees.

If the seller is saying PayPal gift, then adding the fees and paying full fat means that the seller gets the right amount and the buyer gets the insurance they’ve paid for.

ulysse
    Free Member

Cash on collection, same as anything else of moderate expense

bruneep

handy if you live opposite ends of the country, bought and sold by PP no issues at all.

ibnchris

New app called Yoti that my company has just put in the App Store let’s you verify people’s details remotely if you want to give it a go?

might give you a bit more comfort…and I’d love any feedback! It’s free to download and use

bruneep

my dog set up an account (with help from me) can’t see that I’d trust that app

widge34
    Free Member

Just sold my bike on Pinkbike. Buyer paid for courier and paid the PayPal fees as he wanted to be covered in case i ripped him off. (i didn’t by the way) 😀

Drac

If the seller is saying PayPal gift, then adding the fees and paying full fat means that the seller gets the right amount and the buyer gets the insurance they’ve paid for.

If the seller has asked then maybe but all that should be taken into consideration when selling.

ryan91
    Free Member

Paypal or cash on collection. Bought and sold plenty of things on there (just had a set of rims come through today from there) with no hassle. Also request recorded delivery and the tracking number in case you need to claim.

ibnchris

Let me know if your dog’s account gets approved bruneep…

Looks like it’s a non-issue anyway.

We had correspondence for a total of four messages, agreed price, he asked me if I wanted to go ahead, I said yes, lets sort payment (this was over the space of an hour). He then disappeared and hasn’t answered my messages for over 24hrs.

I hate people

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Best way to pay on Pinkbike?’ is closed to new replies.