Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Best way to Elephant and Castle..
  • molgrips
    Free Member

.. by car. I know car isn’t the best way but we have some large items to transport.

I’ll be arriving via the M4, so I can either

a) Follow that to the A4, turn right at Hyde Park Corner and cross Vauxhall bridge

b) Go on the South Circular to the A3

c) Go down the M25 to the M3 then come in through Richmond and to the A3

Any ideas which is best? It could be either Friday evening (late) or Saturday morning (early)

piha
    Free Member

If it were me I’d try to make it a Saturday morning, it would be so much easier than a Friday. I’d go for option ‘a’ but you could also consider M4/M25/A3 as it’s an easy and straightforward route. Earlier the better then you have enough time for a couple of hours riding time in the Surrey Hills afterwards.

Gotama
    Free Member

M4, A4, south over hammersmith bridge, left on upper richmond road towards Putney, and work your way across through battersea, vauxhall etc would be the way i’d go. Traffic should be ok if, as you say, you’re late or early.

Edit – actually, depending on what you mean by early you could well be ok staying north of the river from the A4 on a saturday. Embankment shouldn’t be too bad early on a weekend.

popstar
    Free Member

M4, A4 then turn right from west cromwell road (Metro bank on your right) onto earls court road, forward redcliff gardens, edith grove, chelsea embankment, Right Vauxhall bridge, left albert embankment, right lambeth road etc etc. Those roads shoul be empty at times you stated.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Defo not option b or c and keep your doors locked, eyes open and phone hidden. I worked near the Elephant for 15 years and you need to keep your wits about you.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d do option A, but make it super early – like 6am or before – when it’s actually a pleasure to drive in London.

Pigface
    Free Member

Mornington Crescent

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I read the title as “Best way to an elephant’s arsehole”

And immediately thought of this :

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi9gR_uHFG0[/video]

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

What Gotama said, and early Saturday morning would be far better than anytime Friday night

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm.. well looks like we will have the kids, so we might have to drive down in the AM and leave in the PM.. arse.. this is not going to be much fun.

senorj

I would go along the A4 , bear south at/through South Kensington , skirt through Victoria and go across either Vauxhall or Lambeth bridge & then round the back of Waterloo to the castle.
    V.early weekend start will be a pleasure +1.
    I would start the return leg as late as possible. best of luck. 🙂

sc-xc

The best way is up the elephant, and round the castle

aP
    Free Member

M4, A4 over Hammersmith flyover then follow the coaches down past Earls Court and down onto the Embankment by Lotts Road, keep north of the river then head south over Lambeth Bridge, straight over into Lambeth Road and right at the end into St Georges Road. Et voila!

shermer75
    Free Member

Option a)

shermer75
    Free Member

On Saturday morning

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Best way to Elephant and Castle..’ is closed to new replies.