Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Best Visa card to finance a house extension (MAN CAVE)?
  • kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Quick question for the forum collective.

Building an extension on my house, it will cost circa. £15K.
    I will be project managing it. Build will take 6 months.

I have the cash in the bank but would like to finance it via an interest free Visa/credit card. Paying off the balance (minimum if need be) every month, paying for materials, services and labour etc. via the card and then settling the balance at the end of the build?

This will give me the freedom of still having some cash in the bank for other things(non build related) that may crop up in the future.

It will also be good to see the statement on the card to actually see how much I’m spending/where I am financially.

Can anyone recommend a card or is their a better way of achieving this?

Cheers Jay.

Flaperon

If you have the money in the bank, why not use that and pay for unexpected stuff on a credit card?

If I was going to do this I’d grab an American Express that gives airline miles or similar, not an interest free card.

somouk
    Free Member

If you have the money in the bank, why not use that and pay for unexpected stuff on a credit card?

The unexpected stuff may not accept card payment or similar. I’ve done something similar before when doing home improvements and it’s a good way to work as it does allow you to track it all in one place. Especially if you only use the card for those transactions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Best Visa card to finance a house extension (MAN CAVE)?’ is closed to new replies.