Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Turbo – put a shed in the garage?
  • MrPottatoHead

Okay so I haven’t really thought this through much but is it such a daft idea?

Don’t want to train in a shed in the garden. No room in the house. Garage is full of uninspiring junk I don’t want to stare at whilst training.

I could corner of a bit of the garage and decorate a pent roof shed and stick the rollers in it. Thoughts please.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Decorate the inside of some sun glasses and train in the garage wearing them ?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Go for a run it’s much more enjoyable.

Or Shed/Garage with laptop and Sufferfest or such like

Decorate the inside of some sun glasses and train in the garage wearing them ?

Bloody brilliant !

martinhutch

Clear up yer garage then!

Or this.

Actually this.

Training with Manatees!

sharkattack

You’d rather build an indoor shed from scratch than tidy your own garage?

You must be the Bruce Lee of procrastination.

righog
    Free Member

Mrpottatohead……. Just take your eyes out surely.

nach
    Free Member

Well, if you do it inside a shed in a garage, you certainly won’t get cold…

thetallman
    Free Member

Maybe you could put a tent inside the shed too…

MrPottatoHead

Hmm, this hasn’t been met with the universal acclaim I was expecting! Some good ideas though-liking the wind break 🙂

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

How about one of those VR headsets instead?

You could pretend you’re being chased by dinosaurs or something and the cheaper ones are less than the cost of a shed.

cheers_drive

Table in corner with laptop on it running Zwift. Once in a race you wont get distracted enough to look around

shermer75
    Free Member

Projector running zwift?

Metasequoia

Or you could just tidy the garage up and ride. Or stick all the stuff behind you and hey presto you can’t see it!

Rubber_Buccaneer

liking the wind break

Me too, I find it difficult to break wind on the turbo trainer 🙂

Set it up wherever you will be coolest and stick some music on. Building a shed in the garage is not sensible

jam-bo

Maybe build a wind tunnel for extra realism?

emac65
    Free Member

If you’re using the turbo properly then the last thing on your mind will be worrying about how untidy the garage is !

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Has nobody suggested vr glasses yet? 8)

jam-bo

Yes. 6 posts up from yours.

cookci
    Free Member

when I moved into my current house about 3 years ago there was a shed built up in my garage :O
    No electricity though to either the garage or the shed so it was very dark in the shed 🙂

btbb
    Free Member

Unless you’re expecting to hit traffic or drafting why not keep your eyes shut, or are there big spiders in your garage!

crosshair
    Free Member

I think sub-dividing the garage into a Turbo room is a great idea! It doesn’t need to be a whole shed though……

yiman
    Free Member

Surely it’s cheaper and less hassle to just sort out/chuck out some junk….

nach
    Free Member

Make it a large shed, and convert the rest into a sauna for your family. It won’t need any coal.

cookci
    Free Member

Why not put the shed outside the garage?

adsh
    Free Member

Liable to get stuffy. Can you clear a corner and put up a divider?

core

Just get a couple of sheets of ply, hinge at corner, decorate inside face?

batfink
    Free Member

Wouldn’t getting the shed into the garage in the first place need you to virtually empty it anyway?

If you really want a dedicated turbo area you could just put up a stud wall – cheaper than a shed, surely? And not as….. odd.

BigDummy
    Free Member

And not as….. odd

The oddness of this is what makes it so appealing. Little shed in the garage … decorated with happy manatees … bloke inside, riding a stationary bicycle…

RobHilton
    Free Member

Genius thread!!

I love nutters :mrgreen:

kayak23

My mum had a shed built in our attic when I were a yoot.
    The walls were all fibreboard so I could play me drum kit in there.
    Very sweaty.

True story…

scaredypants

The oddness of this is what makes it so appealing. Little shed in the garage … decorated with happy manatees … bloke inside, riding a stationary bicycle…

can he wear a snorkel, please ?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I don’t want to stare at whilst training.

Stare at?…. Stare at?

If you’re using your Turbo right you should be staring at anything …. just bleeding from your eyes…. MTFU 🙂

stumpy01

40″ telly in front of you with Zwift on & turn all the lights off…
    Stereo/Bluetooth speaker playing some tunes….

Cheap telly & a Bluetooth speaker will probably be cheaper than a new shed.

MrPottatoHead

can he wear a snorkel, please ?

I do have a snorkel so it is an option.

So based on the feedback I might abandon the shed idea. Instead I’m going to go with a 4 sided stud partition. I’ll put a roof on it to stop spiders dangling inside, and I’ll put a door on it too to stop saw dust getting inside when I’m doing woodwork in the garage. I do have a spare 32″ tv so I’ll wall mount that. Should be awesome.

jamj1974

So based on the feedback I might abandon the shed idea. Instead I’m going to go with a 4 sided stud partition. I’ll put a roof on it to stop spiders dangling inside, and I’ll put a door on it too to stop saw dust getting inside when I’m doing woodwork in the garage. I do have a spare 32″ tv so I’ll wall mount that. Should be awesome.

And the manatees. Don’t forget them. They were the most important and if I may say ‘value adding’ feature.

martinhutch

What you need is a handlebar cat to eat the spiders as they dangle.

If you train it properly it will claw you to signal the start and finish of every HIIT interval.

MrPottatoHead

Good point. I bet I could get a photo of manatees blown up and turned into wallpaper.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Why would you want to blow up manatees??

you cruel barsteward!!!

scud
    Free Member

My garage was the same, but i white-washed all the walls, painted floor, and then put a couple of old Moroccan rugs i had down, turbo at that end with an old PC in front of me that we were going to throw out when we both got laptops, not connected to internet, but has 10 sufferfest vids on there, or can play DVD and has music on there also, doesn’t need to be anything flash

molgrips
    Free Member

You will need a LOT of ventilation. Seriously.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Turbo – put a shed in the garage?’ is closed to new replies.