Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • best trails oop north
  • trusz
    Free Member

I've booked the week off after the August bank holiday weekend and I'm thinking of heading up north of England and maybe into Scotland (not too far up) with some mates for some riding for 3 or 4 days.

What're your top trail recommendations? Looking for fun stuff; plenty of singletrack, fast, flowing, jumps, drops and likes. Not really into trekking all day across squishy moors and double track just for a view but we'd like to take in some sights too 🙂

What've you got…

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Erm, most of the Lake District. and the north Pennines. and the Cheviots. and Scotland if you need to go further north 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

op you might want to narrow it down a bit.

davy-g
    Free Member

Ae Forest, Dalbeatie, or even Mabie Or Kirroughtree, there is also Glentress and Innerliethen.. though I would hazard a guess and say that Glentress might be a tad busy bank holiday weekend…

simonralli2
    Free Member

Dont forget Mabie has the jump park as well now!

miketually
    Free Member

Book into the Dales Bike Centre?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Northern England (in no particular order)-

Lakes-
    Walna Scar Road
    Helvellyn

Peak-
    Cavedale
    Cut Gate
    Rushup Edge

North York moors-

Don't know too much about them. Sorry.

Southern Scotland-

Ben Lomond
    Dalbeattie

grumm
    Free Member

plenty of singletrack, fast, flowing, jumps, drops and likes.

There are bits here and there but most of that kind of stuff oop north is in trail centres. Llandegla is only just over the border in N Wales and has that kind of stuff. Whinlatter is good – Ae isn't too far into Scotland and has fun DH stuff.

trusz
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Looking in to them now. Glentress and Innerliethen are very close and I've been wanting to check them out for a while so that could be a good call. Travelling from S. Wales so we were also thinking of checking out Lee Quarry on the way up.

Hoping to go in the week days to avoid traffic (road and trail) but will have to see what the others can do .

devs
    Free Member

Wrexham! It's not worth travelling any further although I'm a bit puzzled as to where to find likes. Have you tried Facebook?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘best trails oop north’ is closed to new replies.