Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best tag-along – Trail Gator or something else?
  • benz
    Free Member

Thoughts from the STW massive please…..

Daughter has an Islabikes CNOC 14.

I removed the pedals and chainset as she was not ready to pedal, but happy to use as a balance bike.

What is best tow thing to use in your experience?

SMcDU

Trail Gator is what I used when SMcDU Jr was starting out on longer rides with his Cnoc, but we only used it on roads and smooth off-road – it's probably not suitable for anything rougher than that. Also it's a killer on paint, so putting the mount on a spare seat-post is a good idea.

wwaswas

I've used an Adams tag-along with my 2 kids for the past 10 years as they've grown up. Given the use it's had it's been a worthwhile investment.

My daughter is 8 now and able to ride her own bike more when we're out so I'm getting a trail-gator.

I think I'd prefer the 'proper' tag-along for longer rides or anythign much 'offroad', tbh.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Tracey

We used the trailgator with our girls,always off road with no problems, used it in the Peak and also at trail centres.

Tracey

GrahamA
    Free Member

Rutland Cycling are selling Trail Gators for £40 (Cheapest I could find) I've only used it once so far.

wwaswas

I got mine from their ebay store 🙂

geoffj

Trek Mountain Train here. Solid bit of kit. Looked at the Trailgator, but the fix onto the bike being towed will only work with some head tube types and the rigidity isn't as good as a proper tag along. You also need to keep the front wheel off the ground, which can make for an interesting riding position for the little one.

As you can probably tell, I'm not a fan.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

I have a Trailgator for sale, it was briefly fitted to a bike but was never used, its boxed up with the instructions, £30 posted or £20 collected from Edinburgh.

Doug

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best tag-along – Trail Gator or something else?’ is closed to new replies.