Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • best place to sell a bike….not eBay
  • giantmtb
    Free Member

Just after a bit of advise. I have 5 bikes and I’m looking to sell my Giant Reign 1 and my carbon road bike….neither are getting used.

Where the best place to sell them. I’m not looking to get the ultimate top value for them. I just want a hassle free sale.

Cheers

Toasty

Here?

matt_outandabout

Here?

scotroutes

Try a stealth ad here

MoreCashThanDash

^^^^ 😆 ^^^^

tomhoward

Where the best place to sell them. I’m not looking to get the ultimate top value for them. I just want a hassle free sale.

I’ll give you a tenner, I’ll even collect.

matt_outandabout

I’ll give you a tenner, I’ll even collect.

pffft, he said easy sale not rip off.

(a pack of Tunnocks thrown in with the £10 here)

adsh
    Free Member

If it’s desirable and good value you can sell on here with very little hassle and minimise charges.

If you’re going to refresh the ad every page and still be doing so 2 months later (Mr Claret I’m talking to you!) you’d be better of using Ebay.

stevied
    Free Member

Mr Claret I’m talking to you!

He’ll never see this page 😉

Sold and bought off here and Pinkbike without any issues.

chakaping
    Free Member

Pinkbike is the best bet.

Much more likely to get a sale and a reasonable price than on here.

nach
    Free Member

Gumtree probably your best bet for the road bike. Craigslist worth a shot too, as it’s a little more popular in the UK than it used to be. I’ve only found timewasters on Pinkbike for that kind of thing though.

I sold a couple of bikes (road and fixie/single speed) at asking prices recently, using Gumtree, which immediately got them a lot more enquiries compared to months of guffbeaks on PB. With one, literally seconds after the buyer had taken a test ride and handed the money to me, a random deliveroo guy rolled up and said “Hey, I saw your bike on gumtree, is it still for sale?”

Legoman
    Free Member

Facebook selling groups are worth a bash, especially if you’re willing to post.
    Search for ‘MTB Bay’ for MTB related stuff or ‘Cycling Buy, Sell, Swop’ for more roadie kit.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘best place to sell a bike….not eBay’ is closed to new replies.