Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best place for swoopy flattish singletrack?
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

A knee / pelvis injury means I can only do fairly low resistance, spinning type riding at the moment. The trouble is, I live in Snowdonia where generally the only way is up (or down) and usually punctuated with rocks. So where would be the nearest places to north Wales for some smoother, more swoopy singletrack that can provide fun without the hills?

Richyb
    Free Member

Not exactly near but Llangdegla?

Sue_W
    Free Member

Have comtemplated Llandegla, but I’m afraid it might actually have to much climbing for me at the moment! My physio has made it clear that ‘flat’ means slight undulations only.

Don’t mind travelling further afield – is there anything in Cheshire / South Manchester area?

richardk
    Free Member

You might need to invest in a turbo trainer.

mccett
    Free Member

Delamere Forest, 15 mins this side of Chester. Hills are only of the small steep variety but can be either avoided or spun up easily but it has miles and miles of flowy singletrack. You may need a local to show you the best bits.

matt_outandabout

Delamere

Sue_W
    Free Member

ah-ha – Delamere … I had a hazy recollection that there was something out that way. Aside from local knowledge (my current riding speed would probably be far too slow for even the most tolerant of local riders!), is there any kind of online map of the singletrack?

jiff
    Free Member

Have a look at the site for Nant yr Arian – just outside Rhayader. No real difficult climbs and thr trails give a good return for the effort put in. Also well surfaced (as I remember) so should be good all weathers.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

follow the dog cannock chase ?

mccett
    Free Member

Delamere – no singletrack maps exist, unless someone has scanned one in and drawn on it? The ‘routes’ available from the visitor centre are probably what contribute to the usual ‘delamere is shit’ comments on here from non-locals.

You can take a normal map and find good singletrack around the outside edge of the forest but the best bits prob would need a bit of finding, esp now the vegetation is starting to grow back.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best place for swoopy flattish singletrack?’ is closed to new replies.