Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Best pick up and put down PS4 games
  • RicB

My rather lovely wife bought me a PS4 in March. I’m pretty rubbish at gaming, and time constraints mean I can only play for a couple of hours a fortnight.

Games like Fallout 4 are obviously incredibly rich but not really suited to this, as it takes too long for them to become interesting. I’ve tried but I just get bored.

So what other games might be good to play for a bit and then put down for a few weeks/month?

I’ve enjoyed Arkham Knight, and portal on the X360. I prefer single-player, rather than multi-player. CoD is obviously one option but £50 for about 6 hours of gameplay does sting the wallet.

Alphabet

When I used to play PC games many years ago I was in a similar position time wise to you (although perhaps a bit more than 2 hours per fortnight). I found it was easier to play a FPS on-line rather than single player off line as it meant I’d just jump on a busy server, shoot some people in the face for a bit and then log off without having to restart some campaign or remember where I was up to in a single player game.

I’m now considering a PS4 or an Xbox to play Battlefield 1, again on-line.

RicB

I did have go at FPS online (CoD mainly) but found I just got splatted by 10 year olds! Maybe things are better now, as the number of multi-player games probably means the latent pool is diluted a bit.

Battlefield 1 caught my eye for the single-player aspect. It’s supposed to be quite short but that’s not a huge issue for me.

lankystreakofpee

I don’t really get time to play games nowadays but quite often have a quick game on Fifa with my son.

I fancied buying a game for me to play when the kids are in bed and the wife is watching some guff on tv so I bought Dirt rally. Its actually really good and I can play for an hour or so every week or two. It has events which consist of about 4 stages so easily doable in a short space of time and there are online games too. It also has a rallycross bit if you fancy racing against other cars.

Its a good mix of pick up/put down gameplay with enough progression to make you want to play again and get faster cars etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Best pick up and put down PS4 games’ is closed to new replies.