Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 131 total)
  • Best looking motorbike ever?
  • sv

Must be standard road legal bikes.

For me Suzuki RGV250M (1991) on the phone so no pic – sorry.

solamanda
    Free Member

I’d go for this, mates got one in the garage…

twohats
    Free Member

Mainly because there was nothing else like it when it was released, way ahead of its time…

Also partial to this, or any Ducati for that matter..

Ed2001
    Free Member

I had a Honda VFR400 NC30 many moons ago which I truly loved I thought it was the dogs. If I came into some money, and the wife let me,I would love to own one again.

the_lecht_rocks

twohats – i the 996 was a derivative of the original 916 :

i had one in 1994/5 ?? footpegs came off on my way home from the dealership 🙂

twohats
    Free Member

the_lecht_rocks – Member

twohats – i the 996 was a derivative of the original 916 :

Yeah I know, too many beers!

alwyn
    Free Member

alwyn
    Free Member

juan
    Free Member

oh dear nice bike but crap looking…

Norton Commando 750

End of thread…

sv

Had to be some 916/996s in here! My brother had a 955sp with a shed load of mods very nice. Dislike the Desmo tho.

xtcenduro
    Free Member

SV, you don’t own a Suzuki SV by anychance?

alpin
    Free Member

brrrrrrum brrrrum brrrrrrrrrrrrrum vvvvvvvvvvrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmm

sv

Two young kids and my fondness for high speeds meant it (the SV) had to go – took up MTB instead!

xtcenduro
    Free Member

See I went the otherway, keen as you get mtb’er then found engines,

Had a Honda NS125F, then a Suzuki SV650S and now got a very special Suzuki SV1000S 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

big image warning!

ppphhhhooooooooRRRRRRRRRRAAAaaaAaAaAAaAH!!!

sv

The thou is very nice – even more trouble! Love the TLS too probably not looks but the bad boy attitude!

xtcenduro
    Free Member

Yeah the thou has a bit of power behind it!

Ed2001
    Free Member

An amazing pocket rocket

daveh
    Free Member

mogrim

Because I’m a SF fan:

MrSparkle

I wasalways a big Yammy 2 stroke man, BUT it’s gotta be…

gusamc
    Free Member

Triumph Hurricane …………

smokey_jo

There’s something about the downpipes on a CB400 that looks just right

mikee
    Free Member

3xv yams 4 me

wheelz
    Free Member

Okay, so it’s not a road bike, but it’s still one of the best looking bikes I’ve worked with.

Unlike the 2002 version, which was a bit of a munter!

Sadly it looks like we won’t see the Kawasaki on the MotoGP grid this year. Doubly sad, because it means I’m out of a job as well!

samuri
    Free Member

got to agree with ed2001 myself. Beautiful looking bike and the little thing went like stink!! The dukes do look good though.

Never let me buy a motorbike again though, I’d die shortly after.

mboy
    Free Member

Much as I LOVE the Desmosedici, they ruined the road bikes looks with the headlights. Makes it look bug eyed. Bayliss and Capirossi’s race bikes from circa 05 were probably the nicest looking of the breed.

Much as I love the 916/955/996/998/748 incarnations (I own one!), in pure looks terms, I rate the MV Agusta F4 above the Ducati. Though the MV was a totally shameless bike built entirely to look good. Tamburini knew he could design a classic motorbike (the 916), and so pushed the boundaries even further with the MV F4. The problem I have with the F4 is it just has never been that good a motorbike, it wasn’t meant to be, it was meant to sell on its looks alone! The 916 (and all its incarnations) were built to dominate World Super Bike racing, and dominate it did! The fact that it looked totally bloody gorgeous is almost by the by, but that it looked gorgeous whilst being such a totally bloody awesome motorbike means for me it is the greatest bike ever designed (if not the most beautiful). The fact that the original design lasted on production lines for almost 10 years with only very minor alterations looks wise (primarily removal of cooling ducts on the side panels circa 2000/01), when other bike manufacturers update and change their bikes every year pretty much, is testament to how awesome the machine is.

The other testament to how awesome the 916 design is, is no matter how much people will tut and moan about motorbikes making noise, being antisocial, being dangerous etc, 916’s and all variants seem to totally unite public opinion that it is actually a piece of art, and not just a motorbike, a bike that non bikers really appreciate too if you like!

martinxyz
    Free Member

Hi wheelz, do you know of a good dealer to take a zx9 for a major service/shim check in scotland? i`m scared of taking to to the local non kwakky dealer!

the_lecht_rocks

martin – try NE Motorcycles in Elgin .

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I see the usual suspects have been pointed out and it’s also nice to see that Guzzi Griso in there. They are, actually, ferking wonderful looking things. I want one.

Juan’s suggestion of a Norton Commando is getting there too, but for classic bikes, for me, it’s a toss up (fnarr-fnarr) between a

Vincent Black Shadow. So far ahead of it’s time it makes your brain bleed…

Or a BSA Gold Star. Silver pi$$ pot lid, goggles, black leather and socks rolled over my boots…..DofDofDofDofDofDof…. Wonderful!

Of the more modern stuff I still lust after an original Speed Triple. They just look solid, purposeful, tough. I remember parking my ’01 S3 next to an immaculate one of these and seriously considering asking the bloke if he would do a straight swap….

My Duke’s not too shabby, either.
    When I had my S3 old blokes would come up to me and talk about the 50s and 60s. When you ride a Duke, it seems everyone comes up and wants to look at it. I’ve had loads of compliments. It’s slightly embarrasing sometimes…
    Monster 696

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

1961 T120 – end of thread

Although I do love the look of my 1961 BitSA. Classic in black with polished metal

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Reluctant
    Free Member

Wow, what a great thread! Some fantastic bikes. So far, the Kawasaki Z1, the Goldstar and the MZ get my vote. Anyone have a pic of the original Suzuki Katana 1100? Or the later 750 with the black headlight?

juan
    Free Member

At least we see some proper nice motorbike. None of this modern crap…
    What about a douglas firefly

vinnyeh

I normally say this, but I’m a bit biased..

I’m beginning to doubt it’ll ever get finished though.

Dirt bikes never look as good but the old Elsinore still looks really clean to my eyes..

And I’ve never really liked Harleys but always thought this was a real stunner

as well as these..

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Testudograeca
    Free Member

vinnyeh,

Nice Mk.III; I’m jealous. Is it a 250?

My first ‘proper’ bike was a 250 (non-Desmo).

I’ve had a hankering for a 350 Desmo for as long as I can remember.

One day…….

Cheers,

Iain

Nico
    Free Member

I see that it is acceptable to have a crud catcher as long as you have an engine.

vinnyeh

Iain, it’s a 450. I bought it in Italy about 3 years ago and bought it back, but it’s still not on the road over here- I’ve had the wheels done, did a bit of basic maintenance and that’s about it. A bit sad really- I’ve had a hankering after one of these since reading a test in an Australian bike mag back in the early 70’s and finally bought this as part of my ‘fulfilling youths dreams’ programme. And ridden it for probably less than 10 miles.

It looks in better condition in the photo than in reality, but it’s very straight, and will restore beautifully (one day). Condition aside, they’re absolutely stunning to look at- they never look quite right in photos I think.

Unfortunately if you do want one of these prices aren’t going down- very occasionally madeinitalymotorcycles.com might turn one up, but sales are very rare in this country.

smogmonster

Two new releases this year will take the crown for best looking bikes ever, the new Ducati Streetfighter and the Aprilia RSV 4. Both are simply stunning, i cant decide which one im going to buy myself this Spring…whichever i get i’ll see the other and be thinking ‘God thats nice, why didnt i get that one?’ as for the Street Triple…great bike, pig ugly though.

My mates MV F4 with titanium pipes (£3000 for an exhaust!!!!) must be up there with the best of them in terms of looks.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Best looking motorbike ever?’ is closed to new replies.