Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Best lock on grips?
  • bjhoppalong
    Free Member

Need a new pair of grips but not sure what to get so suggestions please

bikeneil
    Free Member
    LoCo
    Free Member

TLD Odi for me :-d

In black 😉

Northwind

What do you want them to be like?

I like Rogues, fat and squishy.

julianwilson
    Free Member

troy lee ones are a bit garish in some “colorways” 👿 but are gripping and lasting very well on gurn/death-grip-tastic singlespeed, and doing that nice thing that ODI-made grips do (and superstar/cheaper ones don’t so much) where the rubber seems to get grippier with age (last couple of non-odi ones went hard and shiny 😕 )

bikeneil – Member

These:

http://www.odigrips.com/yetilock-ongrips130mm-1.aspx

I have some turquoise/’aqua’ ones of those waiting in a drawer for when the crosstrainers on the yeti finally die. Once you get the aqua colour a bit grubby, it is a really good match for older yeti turquoise. 😀

ads678

Lizard skins ones lasted me for years.

stu1972
    Free Member

I like the ODI cross trainer. Soft but not too squishy!

mudsoul
    Free Member

Race Face Half Nelson. No outer lockring which is more comfortable if your preferred hand position is on the outer end of the bars.

bjhoppalong
    Free Member

What are the renthal grips like???

darkslider
    Free Member

Superstar Size Zero, nice and thin which is what you want to prevent finger cramp unless your hands are huge, and a good length at 150mm which serves to take up the gap between the end of the grip and your levers/shifter. And a bargain at 9 quid!

loddrik
    Free Member

ODI Ruffians

Stevelol
    Free Member

Are the superstar size zero grips compatible with the Lizard Skin lock rings? It looks like the flanges on the grips are really long.

Simon

I like the thick Sunline grips that you can’t get anymore. What’s currently available that’s similar?

fudge9202
    Free Member

+1 for Odi Troy Lee’s

Scamper
    Free Member

Odi rogues

GolfChick
    Free Member

Ive just bought some of the hope lock ons for my carbon bars n ridden them last two regular loops. Getting on with them pretty well, nice and sticky and the lock on aspect works spot on.

mekon
    Free Member

Nukeproof elements for me.

woolymonster
    Free Member

Used to swear by ODI Ruffians but am pretty pleased with my new Hope ones. Rubber compound is more grippy than ODI and the outer edge clamp is covered with the rubber grip too (if you tend to hold toward the outer edge it helps).

PJM1974
    Free Member

Lizard Skins Chargers are by far and away the best grip I’ve ever used, they’re brilliant even in my oversized paws. They’re reminiscent of the mushroom grips of old, but with a cutaway octagonal profile, they seem to wear extremely well too.

I also use ODI Vans and plain old ODI Ruffians, both of which are pretty good.

wiggles
    Free Member

Superstar size zeros for me. Had them on a year, worn through half the ‘grip’ but the worn down bits feel even grippier, look scruffy in white after 5minutes though

nuke

Oury soft chunky goodness on all my bikes…
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/BTOULO/oury_lock_on_grips

zero-cool
    Free Member

I’ve been very disappointed with my Renthal Kevlar Lock on grips. Not particularly comfortable anddon’t seem t last any longer than my previous ODI Ruffians.

chris36860
    Free Member

Also not happy with my Renthal Kevlar, seem ok in dry conditions but super slippy in mud. For the price and the hype, I was expecting more. Gone back to Lizzard skins.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Best lock on grips?’ is closed to new replies.