Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Best iPad game for a long journey
  • tmb467
    Free Member

Any suggestions for a transatlantic flight?

jekkyl

several movies might be better.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A decent box set? May I recommend The Flight of the Conchords?

A nice glass of Port helps, too. 🙂

Transatlantic flights are easy going. Outbound, have a quick snooze after take off, wake up and watch something for a few hours. Land.

Coming back? Get on board. Sleep. Wake up on approach to UK airport.

DezB
    Free Member

Just get Snapchat installed and play with all the face changing stuff. Amazing that it’s all free and literally hours of fun 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

Day of the Tentacle

tmb467
    Free Member

Cheers

Got west world downloading and day of the tentacle as well

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Myst

mikewsmith
    Free Member

TV, films and podcasts for me, generally get bored and play some of the inflight games for a bit of a change.

Xylene
    Free Member

Minecraft

redstripe
    Free Member

‘Jumbline 2’ word game certainly passes a fair amount of time on boring journeys, (as long as you turn the annoying backgroung music off and put up with some American spelling), to a point anyway, as above then mix with watching downloaded stuff.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

If you like puzzles then all of the ‘Quell’ series from Fallen Tree Games are quality. Somehow I find them equally relaxing and frustrating, somehow achieving a perfect balance from a simple premise. Haven’t tried the latest Quell Zen as yet but sure it’s more of the same). I like the simplicity of Quell+ and Quell Reflect most of all.

Otherwise lob some birds at some pigs? The Star Wars one.

The Room (and sequel) are good atmospheric puzzlers also, somewhat like Myst etc.

https://appsto.re/gb/ir35G.i" class="bbcode-link">
    https://appsto.re/gb/ir35G.i

big_scot_nanny

I’m loving Go Rally and Galaxy on Fire 3 at the moment, also loving how Netflix suddenly, and amazingly, lets you download a heck of a lot of content (so Luke Cage and final series of House devoured on last trip).

Still find a good book (on the kindle app on the iPad, natch) is, for me, the best way to absorb time. Currently reading Pandora’s Star by Peter Hamilton.

ross980
    Free Member

Football Manager or Monkey Island (full version)
    I’ve wasted too many hours on these harking back to my youth when I had an Amiga

Malvern Rider
    Free Member
    tiim
    Free Member

If you like board game types games then Settlers of Catan can keep you going for a few hours with the expansions (all in less than a tenner) or Plants Vs Zombies for something in shorter bursts.

dannybgoode

The Room series is a pretty good set of puzzlers. Hard enough to make you think, easy enough to actually complete.

Will while away a few hours for sure.

zilog6128

If anyone remembers UFO:Enemy Unknown (XCom) or even RebelStar/Laser Squad from back in the day, XCOM: Enemy Within on iPad has just dropped to $3, one of the all-time best games if you like strategy/tactical stuff.

My other favourite games (which I still play after years) are Carcassonne (board game) and FTL (space combat strategy game). All of these are great value as you’ll probably have only just figured out the basics even after a long flight!

My more recent-ish top pick is The Battle of Polytopia (formerly SuperTribes) which is a very quick playing, very light Civ style game (but played for high scores, old-school style!)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Best iPad game for a long journey’ is closed to new replies.