• This topic has 27 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Mascy.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • STAPLES , to close
  • project
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38013806

so get your paper , pens and other stuff before xmas.

oh and they have some cheap bike and car cameras on sale,along with tablets and laptops, that was before the closures where anounced so some better deals probably in next few weeks.

deadkenny
    Free Member

You mean there will no longer be a Staples on Staples Corner? ! 😮 😉

onandon
    Free Member

They need a staple opener 🙂

Cougar

That must be where they’ve gone wrong, that’s actually a staple remover.

wwaswas

Staples Corner was named after a mattress manufacturer fact fans.

footflaps

Another one of those stores I’m surprised lasted this long….

ads678

Surely people just nick stationary from work any way?

footflaps

I just buy mine from Ebay or Amazon. Get’s delivered next day to work. Our company just has it delivered from a national supplier. Don’t really see the need for large stationary warehouses.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

They’re just asking to get nicked. Must move faster. 😛

mt
    Free Member

I blame Brexit.

Sandwich

CaptainFlash may find he needs to divest of a gravel bike or 2 and skinwall tyre suppliers are also going to feel the pinch.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I blame Brexit.

So will Bikebouy. He’s quite obvious at mentioning brexit in every sentence he makes!

Anyway…I don’t think I’ve ever shopped at Staples so I doubt if I’ll be affected. (I just nick stuff from work) 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

I have never even heard of them until recently … 😆

Rich_s

Don’t really see the need for large stationary warehouses.

Are there any other kinds?

hairylegs
    Free Member

They’re just asking to get nicked. Must move faster.

Brilliant!!! …your humour wasn’t lost on me! Lets stand up for the correct use of our beautiful language!!

totalshell

gotta feel for the 1100 folks who ll be losing their jobs.. if they were miners or steel workers there would be uproar but as their only shop assistants no one seems to care.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Brilliant!!! …your humour wasn’t lost on me! Lets stand up for the correct use of our beautiful language!!

Your right,lets, its gotten to the point that I dont recognize it any more.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Another ‘if not now then when’ they’re always empty, whenever I’ve gone in. Consumers don’t need a warehouse, businesses can get the same stuff delivered for less.

molgrips
    Free Member

We got packing materials from there. A big roll of that black clingfilm stuff – incredibly useful for sending ebay sales.

footflaps

incredibly useful for sending ebay sales.

I use work’s dispatch room, everything on hand and RM collect every day, so no need to go to a PO for sending Registered etc. All packing materials are recycled from deliveries, so the only consumable is parcel tape.

jimbobo
    Free Member

I used it quite a bit as I worked from home, stationary went through expenses and there was a guitar shop next door. Always found it about twice the price of online stationary providers and often didn’t have what i wanted. I’m not sure who they were for as any sensible business would be online and prices were too high for a highstreet store.

footflaps

Always found it about twice the price of online stationary providers

They had to fund their empty warehouses somehow!

hairylegs
    Free Member

Your right,lets, its gotten to the point that I dont recognize it any more.

Captain … again outstanding!! Looks like this one is our private joke!!

peekay

pEns are stationEry

cArs are stationAry

simmy
    Free Member

Always seemed to be overpriced for most things.

I used them at first when I went self employed then realised I could get pens etc cheaper at the supermarket.

Went into Staples for a 2017 diary the other day, shelf price £10.99, about right for the one I use, got to till £8.24. Weird.

Also asked me to fill in a survey online for chance to win £500 so it probably come as a surprise to the staff.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I read that as them rebranding rather than closing down, think I got it wrong perhaps!

newrobdob
    Free Member

“gotta feel for the 1100 folks who ll be losing their jobs.. if they were miners or steel workers there would be uproar but as their only shop assistants no one seems to care.”

Amen to that, but they always seem to be treated as the lowest of the low anyway by most of the public.

Mascy
    Free Member

Get a room you two!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘STAPLES , to close’ is closed to new replies.