Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best Flapjack recipe
  • scratch
    Free Member

Nothing fancy, oats, syrup and sugar, just looking for the right amounts and the right baking times.

Pref needs to be the slightly crunchy on the outside, chewy in the middle kind.

Mine usually resembles fall apart crumb-mess or tooth chipper

matthew_h
    Free Member

Here’s a thread I started a couple of years back that gave some good recipes

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/good-flapjack-recipes

soobalias
    Free Member

ninjasocks recipe rules.

500xOats (one small bag)
    250xButter (one block)
    125xSugar
    6 tbls Golden Syrup

about 20mins @ 180deg, less for softer, more for crunchier etc

Add in crushed nuts, seeds etc and top with a mix of plain and milk choccy, mmmmmmmm

Cougar

I could’ve sworn I’d posted mine before, but I can’t find it. I’ll see if I’ve got an electronic copy somewhere, sec.

scratch
    Free Member

Cool! Ta.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I put walnuts in one recipe, cherries in another, stem ginger in another, but don’t use chocolate, chocolate warms up when in your back pocket, ewe.

Cougar

Bah, having to resort to paper. Here we go.

125g premium (‘rolled’) oats.
    125g crap (‘chopped’) oats.
    150g salted butter.
    75g brown sugar.
    75g golden syrup.

Set the oven preheating at 180’C. Line a baking dish with greaseproof paper.

Mix the oats together in the bowl. We’re using two types, this is important; the addition of cheap oats acts as a binding agent to hold the nice ones together, they drop to bits otherwise.

Stick everything else into a big pan, on a medium heat, till it’s gone all melty (technical term, sorry). Remove from heat and tip the oats into the liquid. Mix thoroughly.

Spoon the nommy goodness into the tray, and press flat with the back of the spoon.

Bake for about 25 minutes till golden brown, texture like sun.

Slice into portions. It’s rich dense stuff so you don’t need huge pieces; I usually cut into 12 (4×3) chunks and that’s probably too big (I’m just a greedy knacker).

Leave to cool, then whack it in the fridge.

This makes firm, chewy flapjacks with a little bit of crisp on the edges. If you want a brittle flapjacks, bake at about 190’C instead.

crazy-legs

4oz butter, 3oz brown sugar, 3oz syrup, 8oz oats. Vary the amount of oats depending on how chewy/crunchy you want it. That’s my Mum’s recipe. Centre oven, gas mark 4, 30 mins.

I add cherries, walnuts, cinnamon, ginger, all sorts. Not all at once though. 😉

scratch
    Free Member

Thanks!

brooess
    Free Member

For chocolate ones, stick cocoa in – Bourneville’s good.
    When I did that, the whole batch disappeared in a week!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best Flapjack recipe’ is closed to new replies.