Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bespoke shirts – where & how much?
  • dashed
    Free Member

Sadly can’t afford (or justify) a saville row tailored suit but always fancied a couple of bespoke shirts – any recommendations for the full “suits you sir” experience? Google reveals you can pay as much as £17.99 for a tailored shirt 😯 😯 Not quite the sort of thing I had in mind, but how much does this kinda thing set you back these days?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Someone like Harvie & Hudson (On Jermyn St, natch) does them for about £150-180 or so.

IMHO, finding a good shirtmaker whose shirts fit your shape and buying from them makes more sense. There’s far more value to be had in suits, I think.

euanr
    Free Member

M&S do great made-to-measure shirts for £45ish. Recommended.

scuzz
    Free Member

There’s a nice chap in Manchester at the top of Princess St. Frank Roston ~£160

ourmaninthenorth

Even well made shirts are subject to the vagaries of wear and fashion. to that end, I find a Lewins* fit that works and buy four at a time.

*Insert high street shop of choice

ericemel
    Free Member

I use these guys – great service and quality. Price is a fraction of S.row

http://www.tailorstore.co.uk

alexpalacefan

Raja fashions, measured up in UK, made and shipped from Hong Kong. I paid £25 a shirt, it was a few years ago though.

Alex

davetrave
    Free Member

Stephan Hartounian, London based, Cyprus made – the young Army officer’s bespoke shirt maker of choice and about a quarter of the price of Jermyn St.

mcboo
    Free Member

The exquisitly tailored Marco Cassina of http://www.peterci.it visits London a few times a year. Been making my shirts for years, they’re perfect, fully bespoke.

About £120-140 depending on the cloth and the Euro, you won’t regret it. old family firm, everything handmade in Como, Italy.

He’s a pretty handy roadie too……

freeandsingle
    Free Member

If you’re based in the north, perhaps consider giving James Michelsberg Tailoring a call, they’re based in the Victoria Quarter in Leeds and gives you the full old-school tailoring experience but with the benefit of a properly sharp look. I have a couple of his shirts and am very happy with them

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

I had a some shirts made in Liberty Fabric from “Peak Princess”, usually did bridal or kids, but I sent an email explaining all I could ever find were tailored shorts and as a man with no shoulders and a slight middle age podge, they don’t fit, or at least not flatteringly.

The fabric was in excess of £60 each needing about 3m of Liberty fabric each and so the shirt price was iro £100 each from memory. The first one was a bit of a “pilot” and so git it cost price.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Are you lot ****’ real!?

br
    Free Member

I got a enough suits and shirts made when out in Thailand I also had to buy another suitcase 🙂

Shirts were about a fiver, proper heavy cotton and double cuffs. Suits at £50 – Lancashire Cotton, Scottish Cashmere and a lightweight Silk job

At UK prices it would pay to have a holiday.

edhornby

unless you are prepared to spend ridiculous amounts, I would do as OMITN said, try lewin and T Pink and Trywhitt (if you are slim don’t bother with the last one, they are all like tents) and buy many of the ones that fit – I would try places like zara or french connection or ted baker…

Bez

I’ve used Raja; IIRC the shirts were £60 each.

hmanchester
    Free Member

By them from tm lewin / charles tyrwhitt and take them to a good alterations place to have them darted. Stitches in Manchester are awesome for this.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I’ve been using M&S and Bivolino (which powers the M&S service) for the last couple of years. c£50 and fit better than anything off the peg.

I tried iTailor and wasn’t impressed

smell_it
    Free Member

Recently had a suit and a couple of shirts from cadandthedandy and was very pleased. It’s hard to say reasonably priced, but priced well against other London tailors i’ve used.
    But being a Manchester lad, i would also recommend frank rostron and Charles Campbell in Clitheroe.

sweepy
    Free Member

£4 from tesco, I don’t even bother to wash them.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bespoke shirts – where & how much?’ is closed to new replies.