Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bent brake lever – Saint spares ?
  • Trimix
    Free Member

Ive slightly bent my brake lever, does anyone know where I can just buy the lever, not the whole thing. Its a SAINT M810. Ive looked on CRC and they only seem to stock the lever at £50.

Cheers.

Crag
    Free Member

I had the same problem with my Xt lever. Lbs got me a spare lever from madison – went to pick it up and was told it was £40, exactly the same rrp as the full lever assembly. Needless to say I didn’t buy.

Trimix
    Free Member

Mmm, thats shite. Ive googled it and all I could see are complete sets.

coatesy
    Free Member

Part no. 8UL 9806, in stock at Madison, but as Crag has said, it’s £40. If you’ve got a good relationship with your LBS then you may be able to wangle a bit of a discount.

Pook

Trimix
    Free Member

Its aluminium, if I bend it back it will mostl likely snap.

I wonder if any after market manufactures make levers that fit ?

seanodav
    Free Member

Straitline make them but they aint cheap neither!
    fwiw i bent mine back and its been fine for a long time

Trimix
    Free Member

Well the problem with trying to bend it back is if it does snap then Im stuffed. It works now, so Id rather try to get a spare before trying to bend it and end up snapping it. Its the front one, so that would be game over if i bust it.

Ray Mears is on telly, perhaps I should make one out of wood instead.

Dr_Bakes

You should get away with bending it back the once. i did the same on my old LX and it was good as new. Do it again and the metal will probably fatigue and then you’ll be in trouble!

DeeW
    Free Member

I’ve got a spare lever assembly. New style saint 4pot. Had a leak in lever somewehere when on holiday so had to replace the whole lever assembly. Lever itself is fine and straight. £12 posted?

Trimix
    Free Member

YGM !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bent brake lever – Saint spares ?’ is closed to new replies.