Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 269 total)
  • Benifit fraud… would you report someone??
  • renton
    Free Member

The chap two doors down from us is on disability benifit for a bad back and legs.

for this he gets a brand new car every 3 years, council house and loads of benifits.

His wife does not work and they are basically sponging off the state.

If he is so disabled how come he can help another neigbour push a caravan up onto his drive, climb ladders to move his sky dish and also go out every wednesday night and stand for hours playing pool for the pub team.

The whole family are scroungers imo , not one of them works for a living and yet they have brand new teles,ps3’s etc and can also afford to smoke and go on holidays all the time.

The only time ive seen him act disabled is when he went to get his new car in march, he got his walking stick out then and hasnt used it since!!

would you report it or not??

renton
    Free Member

oh and he also helped another neigbour change the gearbox and wishbones on his car the other day too!!

binners

“Hello – is that the Daily Mail?”

backhander
    Free Member

Yep. No hesitation.

Harry_the_Spider

Yep.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

yep, thieving scumbags report them!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yes – however the disability may not be that obvious nor stop him from doing the things you mention

renton
    Free Member

It grips my ****, I go to work and work hard, even going to afghanistan and the like a few times and i cant afford half the stuff he has.

He also sub lets his council garage has altered the council house which he isnt meant to do!

mcobie
    Free Member

Quite simple really – YES! Although, you might want to make sure it doesn’t come back on you…

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Do you know the details of his disability?

xiphon
    Free Member

Why not…

binners

In the present climate there are plenty of genuinely disabled people being kicked off benefits to hit government ‘targets’. I think, by the sounds of it, he’s probably got away with conning everyone for quite long enough

colande
    Free Member

nobody likes a snitch 🙂

dux
    Free Member

Yes, report them. If they are genuine, they have nothing to worry about and probably won’t even know they are being investigated. Been in a similar situation myself,give as much info as possible, don’t put it off, do it today

Similar situation, as in like you, not benefit fraud scum

thehustler
    Free Member

Yes, in fact I have b4 now, a woman I knew who was claiming disability, hiding savings in her grandaughters bank account and moolighting working full time in a shoe shop……

Kahurangi

*put down his Daily Mail and dusts off pitchfork*

If it’s genuine then he’s got nothing to worry about…. why not.

titusrider
    Free Member

snitch, no doubt about it. anonomous phone call if needs be. all you need to do is flag him up for investigation and let them do the hard work. even if he is genuine the investigation wont do him any harm an you never know if hes in big trouble you might get some nicer neighbours

failedengineer

I suppose you should, but I wouldn’t.

j_me
    Free Member

Yes, in fact I have b4 now, a woman I knew who was claiming disability, hiding savings in her grandaughters bank account and moolighting working full time in a shoe shop…..

For the record disability living allowance is not means tested, there’s no need to hide her savings for DLA. She is also entitled to a job and to earn as much as she likes.

Oh and yes…report him.

ski
    Free Member

helped another neigbour change the gearbox and wishbones

He did what! stone him!

thehustler
    Free Member

she is ‘allowed’ to work less than 16 hr per week not full time……

j_me
    Free Member

she is ‘allowed’ to work less than 16 hr per week not full time……

No not for Disability. She can work and earn as much as she likes.
    If she is claiming a carers allowance or income support her work may be restricted.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Yes. Without a moments hesitation. I would also have made a dated records of anything I thought was evidence of the fraud including photos/video as appropriate.

I was on site in a house (Housing association) doing some work in a rear garden. The guys said ‘I would offer to give you a hand but im on benefits for my back and can’t get caught helping’. Later that day I saw him lifting a sofa and a 42″ plasma screen on to a wall. So i filmed it and submitted it to the benefit fraud people.

I also reported him to environmental health and child protection as he had 2 young children who looked neglected and were allowed to play in a garden that was a cross between a landfill and an animal waste transfer facility.

Hope he got what was coming to him and the kids are better looked after.

ART

well if you plan to do it in writing perhaps do a spell check first … [benefit] ahem… pedant mode off..

We have a couple living opposite us who don’t work. Sometimes he walks with a stick, other times he jollys along nicely, including on his v. expensive superbike. I have my suspicions but without knowing the full story – who knows really. At the end of day, I’d rather be working, than living off the state holed up in some crappy bunglow, rarely leaving the house.

If it makes you feel better – report them.

xiphon
    Free Member

ART – if you suspect it, where’s the harm in reporting it? If it’s all above board, then what harm did it do?

Be a good neighbour!

Cougar

+N. In a heartbeat.

uplink
    Free Member

Go for it and if you hear of anyone defrauding the exchequer by bypassing import duties when bringing shiny goods into the UK – dib them in too

And anyone that does jobs on the side

hang the lot of ’em

taxi25
    Free Member

No never, unless I had evidence he was part of a large orginized benefits fraud. let him get on with his sad life, snitching on your neighbours is pretty low.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

taxi25 – Member
    No never, unless I had evidence he was part of a large orginized benefits fraud. let him get on with his sad life, snitching on your neighbours is pretty low.

Not half as low as taking valuable resources away from those who really need them. Shop ’em. If it’s all clean, then no harm done. If they’re on the take, stop them doing so.

MSP

Seems a likeable chap, always happy to help his neighbours, how come you don’t get on with him?

Has anyone ever reported someone for tax evasion?

spacemonkey

Yep.

Not sure what the ‘state’ will do about it though. How about you take some piccies of him ‘in action’ and send them as evidence?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Please may I have the kind of disability that means I am able to live off the state and still physically capable of pushing caravans around etc?

To put it another way, can someone explain to me the kind of disability that makes this possible AND still get state benefit?

j_me
    Free Member

To put it another way, can someone explain to me the kind of disability that makes this possible AND still get state benefit?

Is he partially sighted?
    Does he have a learning disability?
    Is he terminally ill?
    Does he require dialysis?

Edit: Although the OP says he gets a car, which means he has claimed high rate Mobility component….there’s no way he should be moving caravans if he’s legitimately claiming this.

neilforrow

yep. shop em.

allthepies
    Free Member

<Peers over the top of Guardian>

dob ’em in.

<slurps from fairtrade skinny soya latte>

surazal
    Free Member

Yep. Do it. As others have said, do it anonymously.

scottidog
    Free Member

Absolutely.

binners

one_happy_hippy

You’re… you’re not a hippy at all, are you? 😉

This was on the news only this morning:

Still being able to push a caravan around while pissed as a fart 🙂

ART

[ART – if you suspect it, where’s the harm in reporting it?]

Cause I only have my ‘view from across the street’ and honestly I have better things to do/think about. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes but he may be legit

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 269 total)

The topic ‘Benifit fraud… would you report someone??’ is closed to new replies.