Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Being Married to a Non-Brit
  • 10pmix
    Free Member

@ grantway Knight Rider is Spain is called El Coche Fantastico (The Fantastic Car). There are plenty more of these rather amusing re-namings.

And different words for the strangest things. Earlier this year I was subjected to howls of derisive laughter by my wife and a group of her friends outside a Spanish bar (and continue to be to this day whenever I am there) for saying that the noise a cockerel makes is ‘Cock-a-doodle-do’. People were crying with laughter at this absurdity. In Spain a cockerel goes ‘Kir-Kiri-Kee’. Also birds don’t go ‘tweet’ they go ‘pio pio’ and dogs go ‘wow’. Her family looked at me like I was crazy when I suggested dogs went ‘woof’.

I’m really not making this up……

Cougar

And ‘customer servce’. It’s terrible here. Apparently.

She’s right.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Danish pigs go øf not oink

DrJ

Her family looked at me like I was crazy when I suggested dogs went ‘woof’.

Are these people deaf ? 🙁

Cougar

Maybe Spanish dogs don’t have lips.

aracer
    Free Member

How do you pronounce øf?

DrJ

Her sisters have commented on how nice it is to see dads playing with kids, looking after them, looking after them solo during the day and so on.

That’s because the dads are unemployed so they look after the kids while the mums are cleaning/working in call centres.

Or maybe that’s just in Sunderland …

DrJ

How do you pronounce øf?

Go listen to a Danish pig ?

Urff

BruceWee

In Norway pigs go ‘nuf nuf’ (pronounced noof noof)

10pmix
    Free Member

@Cougar Spanish dogs speak Spanish of course so it must be just a problem with their pronunciation of English 😀

ratadog

I think the Marmite argument is a bit like Rugby – Brits might have invented it, but we made it better.

😀

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Being Married to a Non-Brit’ is closed to new replies.