Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Beer or Bike?
  • ton

been out on the lash with the family…….ace day, just good fun and laughs.
    sat thinking if i had to choose between bike or beer i dont know which i would choose.

both are so good for my soul.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

a true dilemma. i find after a beer i’m not bothered about riding next day but when riding i find myself saying i feel so good for not drinkng and will gve up.

ps i gave up fo 6 mnths last year , was so good for the riding

Houns

Both.

Pretty much all the rides i (rarely) do involve a pub or two

Bregante

when riding i find myself saying I deserve a beer at the end of this

Fify.

They are not mutually exclusive. Just get them in the right order. 🙂

sofaboy73
    Free Member

But what is one with out the other?? Pretty my all the stupid biking plans, ideas and bold promises made in front of riding buddies (making it impossible to back out of) have occurred after a few / many drinks. Equally any biking is made 10% better by a post ride pint (30% if the suns out). This often leads to afore mentioned stupid ideas (“I’ll definitely hit that gap next time”) and so the cycle continues. One can not exist without the other

qwerty
    Free Member

Sorted! 😉

P-Jay
    Free Member

Both for me, moderate drinking doesn’t stop me doing much, and a beer after a hot days riding is sublime.

Binge drinking, stopped that a long time ago, it’s a mugs game imho.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Both 😛

slowoldman

I can’t see a conflict.

wrecker
    Free Member

What haven’t you done enough of recently?

firestarter
    Free Member

I’ve spent all day fiddling with bikes now I’m on the lash. Win win

shermer75
    Free Member

Bike’ll get you through days without beer more than beer will get you through days without a bike

Bazz

Promising myself a pint at the end of a ride is pretty much the only thing that motivates me to get out of the house these days, sad but true.

hairyscary

Spent today riding fantastic trails and did not want the day to end.

Bikes for me……..not a second thought.

falkirk-mark

Bike during the day, beer at night after 8 unless on holiday when beer okay after midday

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Bike’ll get you through days without beer more than beer will get you through days without a bike

Wisdom squared.

jonba
    Free Member

Not a big drinker bit do like a nice beer. For me there us no question. Bike all the way.

More of a buzz from riding than drinking and i prefer to habe sore legs than a sore head.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

When I’m on the beer, I quite often wish I was biking.

When I’m on the bike, I don’t really wish I was boozing instead. Although I can have a beer afterwards. What was the question again?. 😆

Onzadog
    Free Member

Bikes. No brainer. Makes no difference to my life if I live it without alcohol. The same cannot be said for cycling.

ton

i am now going to shake my beer induced heavy head off with a nice long bike ride, however this will include a stop off somewhere for some nice ale. ace!!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Win win!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Beer or Bike?’ is closed to new replies.