Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Been riding today?
  • angryratio
    Free Member

Lovely few hours at glentress with my mates today.
    The sun shone brightly, i managed to scare myself several times and it was a rather fitting end to two weeks leave from work.

No pictures, i was too busy eating Lidl Disco biscuits and having fun.

loddrik
    Free Member

Out most days, albeit on a hybrid with a toddler on the back and usually just around the city. Nevertheless the weather was lovely, riding along the riverfront was especially nice and I even happened upon the hordes of people lining up to audition for X-factor, oh how I did laugh!!

jedi

i rode today as usual. 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Not today, but all the day tomorrow!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Uplift day at Les Arcs all day 😀

angryratio
    Free Member

Coolhandluke you win.

BigJohn

I had a meeting in Wrecsam this morning so by lunchtime I had stocked up with parsnip crisps, chicken pakora, roast broadbeans and onion bhaji from the local Sainsburys (yup, iDave eating plan) and was off singlespeeding around the red/black at Llandegla.

And very nice it was too. Hot, dry and dusty. There’s nothing not to love about that course, Make it as challenging or as relaxed as you like. I ended up tired, dehydrated and happy.

And I picked up some good looking lamb steaks from a farm shop on the way home. Just about to spark up the BBQ.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

YES!

First time off road since April. Loved it, just have to decide if to buy the bike I was test riding!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I went for a spin after dropping the nipper off at school and then came home and had a kip. Oh happy days…

loddrik
    Free Member

I went for a spin after dropping the nipper off at school and then came home and had a kip. Oh happy days…

My god, thats what I do nearly every weekday, albeit with a toddler in tow, but the lunchtime naps are great!

BigJohn, how busy? I was thinking about taking the child trailer around the red tomorrow?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Off out now….

thomthumb
    Free Member

79 minutes…… 😀

Mounty_73

Not long back from a pootle in the Wyre….riding tomoz afternoon hopefully too 😉

BigJohn

Hardly busy at all. Certainly no congestion on the trails. I stopped to chat with a couple for a few minutes and nobody came past.

neninja
    Free Member

Couple of hours local loop before picking the kids up from school.

Bonus was meeting a rather attractive German girl touring on a pannier equipped up Giant XTC who was lost trying to find her way on a sustrans route. I rode with her for a few km’s until she got back to tarmac and proper signage.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Did The Gap first thing this morning. Had a blast, got lost in the woods, lost my sunnies, but didn’t care. tested out some Magura Laurins, and loved them- curious about the harsh topping out noise though….
    What I loved more than the descent itself was a delicious tight bit of singletrack below Bailea 036237 😀 😀

thepurist

Needed to put my mind in neutral this morning so went out for a wander with no plans. Just followed the wheels and came back happy. It’s not all about the gnarr.

Butterfly2346
    Free Member

Not today – but yesterday did the Mendips for the first time yesterday armed with map … and found some gnarly single track not unlike that found in Swinley, just harder 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Lovely start to the commute into work, five miles along the towpath with a fresh brood of ducklings and the biggest dragonfly I have ever seen…..

Then my chain and rear mech parted company…..

Still, it was a lovely five mile walk back home to get the car……

saxabar
    Free Member

Here’s some pics of todays’s ride. Anyone know where?

😀

DrT
    Free Member

A few hours in glorious sunshine in the Pentlands this morning, rode a trail I hadn’t ridden before (and I’ve been riding up there for nearly 30 years!) absolutely lovely morning.

hugor
    Free Member

very nice pics – where is that?

GW
    Free Member

rode my bike for 5 hours today, didn’t realy go anywhere tho. 😀

saxabar
    Free Member

hugor – I started out from Bethesda, Snowdonia (home). The first snaps are of Llyn Colwyd, later ones are by Llyn Crafnant (you see it from the Marin trail) and the last the pass that takes you down to Capel Curig.

DarrenH

Yep, did a “detour” on the way home from work.
    Great stuff apart from bottling out of a couple of difficult bits that keep niggling away at me.
    Future misses H is starting to wonder why I’m home a bit late most days.

liquid
    Free Member

Just back from chasing the sun around Kentmere……. a peaceful mind and tired body

rp16v
    Free Member

was going to be a usual comute to-from work but seemed someone had other ideas and decided to get hit by a car about 30 seconds before i passed that point so had to get him out form under the car and checked over,bike was fubard he got away with minor road rash lucky really as he wasent wearing a lid ….i still managed to get into work on time.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

45 miles of wonderful commuting on the Cheshire lanes today – 2nd time this week and the headwind on the (uphill) return home didn’t take too much of the enjoyment away. Beats driving! 🙂

Edit: sorry – didn’t read rp16v’s previous post properly and don’t want to sound insensitive. Glad he was ok, but no fun for all concerned, I’m sure.

simondbarnes

Got home from work just before 8 and headed straight out for a quick spin up to Rivi Pike and back. Such a nice evening 🙂

Sunny Woodland by simondbarnes, on Flickr

Kevevs
    Free Member

Pen-to-the-mach-to-the-no! haven’t been there for a while. Loved it! perfect weather. Just enough Penmach sploshyness!

mattsccm
    Free Member

Took the SS CX around the FoD gravel. Back at 9:15, Sunny cool, green and beasties everywhere. Didn’t nearly plough through a mob of boar like I di last night.

rp16v
    Free Member

gonetothehills-no worries to me mate the the old geezer dident seem to phased ither but the woman who hit him was a right mess and seemed came off wors in the end just thankfull id span out on the dual carridgeway and was taking it easy on the roundabout ready for the next one 😆 had i been at the same pace that would have been me or would i have got past her quicker….. only doc brown can tell

Rorschach
    Free Member

Just got back….despite riding the same moorland for the last 6 years I was shown a stunning nadgery singlrtrack gem I had no idea was there…..SCORE!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Been riding today?’ is closed to new replies.