Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • been looking at a YT Capra AL. Any other bikes I should consider?
  • robw1
    Free Member

been look at a yt capra as my next bike for trail centre, odd lakes trips and uk uplift days. rode the Al the other week and liked it although a bit heavier than a carbon one. They have risen in price since Brexit though! Anything else I should consider?

trauty
    Free Member

capra is solid. but you can try giant reign also.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Can thoroughly recommend the Orbea Rallon, such good fun to ride!

dropoff

Capra, best bike I’ve ever ridden. It’s an absolute weapon and massively confidence inspiring.

My mate has an Orbea Rallon and he rates it – nice looking bike, but I’ve not ridden it.

Capra is awesome though!

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Transition Patrol?
    Very similar, slightly longer reach, shorter seat collar, some cool full bikes available from a UK shop. Amazing bike, very capable on big Lakes days or DH tracks as well as mellow stuff.

hora
    Free Member

I wouldn’t recommend a Commencal V4. Keep it unique and boutique 8)

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Kona process, Rose Uncle Jimbo, Giant Trance, On One Codeine, Radon Swoop 170 has good reviews and good value for a top end spec.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

As mentioned, plus: Kona process, Rose Uncle Jimbo, canyon Strive, Giant Trance, On One Codeine, Radon Swoop 170 has good reviews and grear value for a top end spec.

kayak23

Vitus Sommet cr.
    Carbon lushness.
    Waiting for mine 🙂

gorillainthepeak
    Free Member

I’ve got a Capra and love it, but demo’d an Airdrop Edit the other week. It was very good and a bit lighter. They’re a small independent company based in Sheffield so if you’re anywhere near worth giving it a go.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

AirDrop is appealing, as is the Bird Aeris.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Second hand nomad or sb6c?

neil853
    Free Member

Must admit I’m enjoying my airdrop

hammerite
    Free Member
    paulneenan76
    Free Member

Did you get a shortlist @Hammerite?

nosedive
    Free Member

Whyte g160?

hammerite
    Free Member

The shortlist basically became every bike on that thread!

However, we’re looking at the Cube in a lot closer detail. Jnr is trying one out when Evans get one in stock at out local store. We didn’t fancy one of the direct sale bikes due to not being able to try for size and hassle of sending back if it doesn’t fit… 160mm travel, dropper seat post, reasonably equipped and quite light in comparison to all the others too.

welshfarmer

Another one into the mix…

Radon Swoop 170. Top dog?

paulneenan76
    Free Member

You can demo Rose bikes through their UK rep, Fin Paton. The Uncle Jimbo would smash the cube, as long as it fits, plus you can modify the spec to suit your needs and budget. Canyon-type issues with sending back with warranty issues either.

jruk
    Free Member

In the STW style of recommending what you have, buy an Aeris! Great bit of kit, can customise it as much as you want plus they’re super helpful and UK based.

sprocker
    Free Member

Orbea Rallon, airdrop, process 153 (20% off at wiggle the minute).

simon_g

Kona Process are 20% off at Wiggle – that’s where my money would be going.

Milkie
    Free Member

Canyon Strive got a good review over at BikeRadar

paulneenan76
    Free Member

You’d need to spend over £3k for the 153DL to get a comparatively decent spec so the likes of Bird, Airdrop, Vitus, Rose, Radon, Canyon and YT a good £500 cheaper for a better bike (in my opinion)

alishand

What about some cheap 26″ goodness?

I recently picked up a Yeti SB66C with a ridiculous spec for just south of £1500. And that’s me reverting from 27.5 (i haven’t noticed a difference fwiw).

burmaboy
    Free Member

Love my trek slash 7. Climbs well, descends even better. Just got back from cwmcarn and brechfa trails with my buddy. Only upgraded the brakes to m785 and put a zee 1×10 system on. No chain device, just a gamut thick thin. No issues with chain drop so far! . The x9 mech and shifters were fine but i wanted to go back to shimano.

Here is a little vid i made on the final descent at cwmcarn. gets silly quick (imo) at about 2m,14. The slash just eats up terrain. Sayying that my buddy up front is on like a 2008 trance and still shreds. I’d hate to see what he’s like on a more modern machine like mine!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqYqo_bDIe4[/video]

So many capable bikes out there. In my opinion the YT is to frickin slack whenever ive had a short go on one.. And so is my slash in slack mode on long tech climbs. But in the steeper head angle position it is wicked!

rico70

My Giant Trance Advanced 1 650b frame, shock, forks, headset, stem, bottom bracket, dropper post, and direct mount XT front mech that is about to go up for sale!!!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘been looking at a YT Capra AL. Any other bikes I should consider?’ is closed to new replies.