Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Been close to any famous personalities, lately?
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Cycling along in the opposite direction on the new cycle highway on the Embankment this morning – BoJo.

Was tempted to shout “I’m In” but he looked like he was having enough trouble just getting his machine to keep moving forward and stay upright…

jamj1974

“I’m In

He would have been ‘in’ if I’d have cycled along the embankment this morning. In the **** Thames. He’s a dangerous lunatic with delusions of competence and intelligence.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I pissed off Mick hucknall last week 😀

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

uselesshippy – Member
    I pissed off Mick hucknall last week

Good work! How did you manage that?

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Really really really poor effort but I had a chat and a drink with one of the women from the house wives of Cheshire…
    The red head one to be exact…
    I’m sorry…

ian-r

Sat next to Fiona Bruce in Wagamamas last Friday

acsevens

I gave Douglas carswell a lift from Norwich to Ipswich today. Nice bloke actually. Didn’t change my mind though. Not sure if he counts as a celebrity!

GrunkaLunka
    Free Member

Walked into Sean Bean as he was passing when I was leaving my office. He was carrying shopping from the newsagents. Highlight of my week.

Wally

Grayson Perry mountain biking in Epping Forest last weekend.
    He summed up why I ride in the forest very eloquently. Nice gent.

Dark-Side

Cycling along in the opposite direction on the new cycle highway on the Embankment this morning – BoJo.

He used to cycle passed the CycleSurgery on Procter St in London every day on his way to Parliament and used to get a decent amount of abuse from the guys upstairs.

I had my photo taken with Ainsley Harriot in Chester Waitrose recently.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Gary Lineker has just sat down at the next table to us in Frankie & Bennys at Glasgow Airport.

martinhutch

Can’t talk about it because of the injunction.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Gary Lineker has just sat down at the next table to us in Frankie & Bennys at Glasgow Airport.

Tell him Glen from Leicester says Hi, he’ll know who you mean!

beej

Duncan Bannatyne at the Opera in Palazzo, Venice, mid-March. I only realised it was him when I came back and a colleague asked if I’d seen him as there was a story in the Mail about him being in Venice.

It’s quite a small event, only about 50 people there.

matt_outandabout

Can’t talk about it because of the injunction.

But what if I am North of the border?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

We were riding the the same trails in Portugal (Lousa) as

Rachel Atherton
    Dan Atherton
    Gee Atherton
    Steve Peat
    Rat Boy
    Manon Carpenter
    And a few others, saw them all. Photo taken with Rachel

As we were riding the same trails, and we weren’t overtaken or forced to get out the way, I conclude that we must have been going just as fast…

flapjackboy

Last Friday early evening, I met Dr Alice Roberts cycling through Ashton Court. Had a quick chat about being on the tele and Tom Kerridge. She was absolutely lovely.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Tell him Glen from Leicester says Hi, he’ll know who you mean!

Sorry, too late – had to take one of the kids for an urgent poo.

hammerite
    Free Member

I met half of the West Ham team two weeks ago and also Martin Peters.

theotherjonv

John Torode off Masterchef, and perhaps more interestingly for you pervs on here, his new(ish) girlfriend, Lisa Faulkner.

They were / are both very nice, imho, and Lisa baked us a nice cake.

http://www.itv.com/thismorning/food/orange-almond-cake-with-passion-fruit-icing-lisa-faulkner-recipe

P-Jay
    Free Member

Saw Steve Backshaw the other day in the services and Tanni Grey Thompson outside Westminster – we went to the same school and I would have said hi but she whizzed past on her phone and I was 2 pints into it so wouldn’t have come across well I think 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

Peter Beardsley recently in the toon.

Nice friendly bloke that would say “Hi” to you first.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

mitsumonkey – Member
    uselesshippy – Member
    I pissed off Mick hucknall last week
    Good work! How did you manage that?

Well done Sir, jumped up little self important arse, according to an acquaintance who knows him well.

ferrals
    Free Member

Jonathan Davies (Jiffy, not the younger one) came into our local pub the other week.

A few years ago passed Geri Haliwell on the way to the pub, she was out for a jog but was clearly walking till she spotted us strolling towards her when she started running again.

Oh and Marco Fontana parked next to me last w/e at Dalby (nowhere near a pub)

CaptJon
    Free Member

I met Tanni Grey-Thompson a few weeks ago. Shook her hand and explained some of my research to her. She was nice.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

On same ride a few weeks back – Ellie Harrison walking her kids, Ben Miller in local cafe

bedmaker

I was lucky enough to see Charlie the bikemonger in Kobarid this afternoon. I brushed his elbow with mine. I’ll never wash it again today.

lyrikal
    Free Member

I fed coffee and buns to terrahawk at 2am, does that count?

chestrockwell

Alfie Alan aka Theon sat next to my wife and I on the tube last week. He got on at Highbury. That is all.

hebridean
    Free Member

Was chatting to Loic Bruni last weekend. Lovely guy.

wallop

Martin Roberts off of Homes Under the Hammer hosted the RICS awards this week – he chastised me for being late.

yunki
    Free Member

Saw Will Young out walking with his mum outside the pub where I was having breakfast yesterday morning

burko73

The duke of Edinburgh drove through our log yard a couple of months ago. He was on his own in a pretty ordinary (for a monarchs hubby) truck and he slowed down and waved. No bodyguards or anyone with him, he came back through a few hrs later. Quite surreal really. When I say drove through the yard I mean between the log stack and our processor…

toppers3933
    Free Member

Claudio Ranieri drove past me on the bus on Monday night.

stever
    Free Member

Grayson Perry mountain biking in Epping Forest last weekend.
    He summed up why I ride in the forest very eloquently. Nice gent.

Ah cool, I was wondering if he still rode much. Perked me right up reading that article.

mark90
    Free Member

Walked past Mark Miller of DIY SOS ‘fame’ a couple of weeks back walking his dog at Clevedon sea front.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Me and MrsBouy were in NOPI in Warwick St a couple of months ago and these blokes were in there,

Dave Myres (& his wife)

And Orlando Bloom (and four of his very noisy mates, then a crowd of trashy looking Women on the prowl)

slowoldman

A few years ago passed Geri Haliwell on the way to the pub, she was out for a jog but was clearly walking till she spotted us strolling towards her when she started running again.

Intervals.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I too bumped into Grayson Perry a couple of weeks ago in a Costa queue in Angel. He had his lid on so assume he was cycling to his studio.

Craig Charles is DJing a funk n soul night at my local village festival this weekend, so hoping to get him to tell me to smeg off

mefty
    Free Member

she whizzed past on her phone

Modern technology is amazing – she used to have to use a wheelchair.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Been close to any famous personalities, lately?’ is closed to new replies.