Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Been an odd day so far…
  • rogerthecat
    Free Member

Popped to the local GP re a recurring abdominal pain, seems the linguini hernia is back or has popped again, so it looks like I’m off to get stabbed by a person in a mask, again. Then nipped into Buxton for my annual eye check, only to be told that I now need glasses for driving and for reading.

Now afraid to leave the cafe just in case!

How’s your day going?

Bregante

Well, our much planned Christmas pub ride is cancelled due to biblical weather so I’m contemplating going for a run instead. But the house is very cosy and I still have a selection of Frodsham brewery ales to get through while the wife and kids are battling the sales crowds. What to do?

Hope your health issues get resolved. Glasses are just part of getting older. I quite like mine now 8)

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Following the cancellation of the Monday Pub Ride i’m now going to take niece and nephew to the cinema. Kids don’t want to watch Frozen so its Harry Hill’s movie this afternoon…

Cancelling the ride was a no brainer. Cancelling the drinks in the pub was a schoolboy error!

RustySpanner

I’m starting a 36 hour shift tomorrow morning. 😐

Just popping out for a walk then it’s sofa, books & whisky in an attempt to delay the inevitable.

Bregante

Sunny here now WW!

FOG

A bit of a cold just before Xmas has settled into a nice chest infection with added sinusitis which has rather ruined my festive riding plans. So far cancelled, road bike pub run, MTB big day in the dales and MTB night ride. Beginning to feel aggrieved!

jekkyl

you cancelled a long planned ride because of weather? that would only make the ride more epic, you could have always ended it earlier. But WW has it right, if you all had sign off from partners for the day you should have at least gone to the pub.

Jamie
    Free Member

I went for a piss this morning and it was bright red.

Freaked me out something rotten, until I remembered I ate a pack of these last night:

takisawa2

Woke at 6 thinking an early ride might be in order…
    Then peeked out the window.
    So, did a few hours work to get a head start for next Monday. (China don’t have Xmas hols…).
    Watched TV with the kids.
    This afternoon I took them swimming.
    To be fair, every day this hols me & the kids have been out every day, even if it’s just a 30min bike ride, or a stunt skooter ride/skate/session, or a walk.

The Wife meanwhile, has started to fuse into the Sofa.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I feel thoroughly ashamed of myself at the mo. I had planned a ride this afternoon when the weather was forecast to brighten up. It got to 14:00 so had a chat with my mate and we decided to wimp out as the weather looked like it wasn’t going to improve – still howling a gale and pudding it down, so went to the supermarket instead. But half an hour later the sun and blue skies were out! Turns out it would gave been a nice ride. So my New Years resolution is to MTFU and ride whatever the weather. Fortune favours the brave!

dingabell
    Free Member

Just come back from our Christmas ride at Swinley. I’m so unfit I manages to cramp up in both thighs, then I lost both brakes and had an “over the bars” moment into some trees.
    Good fun ride though.

Alex

Woke up to a howling gale with zero cloud base and driving rain. Forecast suggested small window of opportunity at 2pm. When it was still blooming windy. Still turned out alright

Chasing the sun home by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Prob last ride of the year for me. And it was a good one.

The eye thing? My optician said to me ‘basically Alex at our age, we’re just managing decline’ which cheered me up no end!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

hi Alex,
    Are you the same Alex Leigh I sold a Bird 60 double carbon to?

John

mattbibbings
    Free Member

My little terrier Eddie ate a 45g bar of 72% dark chocolate laxative this morning. It was enough to kill him.

Got him to the vets in time for some emetic therapy (drugs to make him puke). He’s back home now very tired but very alive.

All well that ends well Op.

wiggles
    Free Member

People are picky about the choc % in their laxatives?!?

Glad the dogs OK though.

mattbibbings
    Free Member

Strangely they are. This was my mad vegan sister who was staying with me for a few days. Her weird eating habits do weird things to her insides. Hence the need for dairy free laxatives!

Eddie is currently assaulting ‘sid the squid’ so it’s situation-normal.

jimbothejetset
    Free Member

Woke up and cancelled my ride. Weather was absolute shite and local rivers are close to bank bursting.
    Ended up picking up a 11 week old springer to be friends with our 12 month old. So far it’s been entertaining in a mental doggie sort of way.

Alex

Bloody hell John. I am indeed. It’s still going BTW although I learned quite a bit about repairing wings after a mid air. Not doing much sloping at the moment. Not enough time for that and riding….

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

As we are asking questions to Alex, are you the same Alex Liegh that used to frequent the Seat forums?

🙂

Alex

That’s not me. I did frequent the Skoda Yeti forums for a bit but got out just in time. Nor, in case anyone feels the urge to enquire, am I the english fashion model that is the no.1 return if you google my name 😉

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Sorry, you seem to have a popular name 🙂

ton

me and the wife went out for a café ride in the wind/rain, as we did yesterday and the day before.
    we are in training for a busy touring year in 2014. I love my wife being my cycling partner now…everything seems a lot brighter.

cinnamon_girl

A window of opportunity tomorrow, perhaps. 😀 Rain due to stop early afternoon, fingers crossed.

mattjg
    Free Member

Just dragged my Yelli up to Coldharbour on the road (quite a long climb) for 3 pints of Beautiful South with a couple of the Cocks at The Plough. Got slung out early as the landlord’s son running the bar had to pick someone up from the station, fair do’s it’s that kind of pub. Blast back down the road, it’s a good run, stopping to take pics where the recent storms had blown a tree down bridging the road from the classic Surrey Hills banking.

In its own way, barely a ‘ride’ but one of the best rides of the year. The spirit was there.

@OP, glasses are no biggie.

scandal42
    Free Member

Wobliscott

that is my day also

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Been an odd day so far…’ is closed to new replies.