Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Beef Burnt Ends…
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ok, so I’m 61 & have just asked my son via messenger what he’s up to. He tells me he’s having beef burnt ends for tea. Googled it & it’s basically some kind of brisket dish. Never heard of it before.
    Is it new or is it another Americanised version of something else? Like ‘pulled’pork, which is actually just shredded pork.

Enlighten me.

nickjb
    Free Member

Its blinkin’ nice. Certainly in the same bracket as pulled pork. Another american barbeque thing. A worthwhile import.

tomhoward

Iirc it’s smoked/BBQ beef brisket, and the burnt ends are the smokey crispy bits on the outside of the cut.

Jamie
    Free Member

Beef Burnt Ends…

It’s a drug reference. Sorry to say, but your kid is on the gravy train to beefy town 😥

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s a drug reference. Sorry to say, but your kid is on the gravy train to beefy town

Joss Ackland’s Spunky Backpack.

trail_rat
    Free Member

while i like the end bits of a brisket – i cant imagine sitting down to a bowl of them for me dinner like.

rmacattack
    Free Member

far better cuts of beef out there

houndlegs
    Free Member

Had these in a BBQ restaurant in Saundersfoot about 4 weeks ago, never heard of them before either, but by golly they were good.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Burnt ends stimulate the part of the brain called Shatner’s Bassoon. And that’s the bit of the brain that deals with time perception. So, a second feels like a month. Well, it almost sounds like fun…unless you’re the Prague schoolboy who walked out into the street straight in front of a tram. He thought he’d got a month to cross the street.

curto80
    Free Member

Massively popular in the Mid West. There’s a place in Kansas City that even puts it in ice cream.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Making it yourself, though, isn’t it like buying a loaf for the two crusty slices at either end and binning the rest?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It’s a drug reference. Sorry to say, but your kid is on the gravy train to beefy town

So It’s addictive then?

scotroutes

StefMcDef – Member
    Making it yourself, though, isn’t it like buying a loaf for the two crusty slices at either end and binning the rest?

You just need to buy very thin loaves

rogermoore

You just need to buy very thin loaves

Sounds like a right PITA.
    RM.

Jamie
    Free Member

So It’s addictive then?

It’s a gateway meat.

Drac

It would seem you’re not the only who hasn’t heard of it but yes it’s becoming the new pulled pork.

mechanicaldope

StefMcDef – Member

Rolls?

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

gravy train to beefy town

Whilst tasty it is not that digestable, so chronic or overuse could take you to the final stop on that ride – chronic Basildon donut

wombat

Shatner’s Bassoon.

😆

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Beef Burnt Ends…’ is closed to new replies.