• This topic has 26 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by rs.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • BC Self Filming
  • rs
    Free Member

Done some self filming up on Burnaby Mountain where I live (other side of the water from the North Shore).

Lower Snake Trail

Last weeks effort also on Burnaby Mountain

Upper Cut Trail

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

What nice looking trails. Good effort.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yeah nice trails. Loving the second clip.

rs
    Free Member

cheers 😀

Kit
    Free Member

Best thing about those vids is that the trails look like they're actually rideable without balls of steel 😀 (credit perhaps to rs' riding skills…)

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

that mustve taken ages to film. Shame about the Halfords advert-style skid at ~31secs in the second film. 😉

plumber
    Free Member

Most people will not understand how long it takes to put something like that together. great footage, great bike – well done sir!

Plum

rs
    Free Member

Thanks kit, but yes those trails are rideable for mere mortals and my riding skills are probably well below average for where i live. Burnaby Mountain is always suggested as the place to start before you hit the north shore but it has some great trails which still account for most of my riding. Took about an hour to film each one… and seriously munque chick… you never skid??? you must be going to slow 🙂

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Nice films and some good riding Roy. 8)

monotokpoint
    Free Member

What camera did you use? Seems good quality

rs
    Free Member

Its weird having people complement my riding as i generally think i'm very average, camera for the upper cut film was a kodak v1253, a pocket digicam with HD, the Lower Snake one was filmed with my new Panasonic TS1 which is their newsih waterproof camera with HD, both were filmed in HD, converted to 720x4XX mov's before uploading to youtube.

zaskar
    Free Member

😀

Vortexracing

well done, how are the new forks.

Seasons music in the background on the first clip as well, nice touch.

I expected to see Cam McCaul doing a 360 at any moment 🙂

rs
    Free Member

you did see me back flipping though didn't you?????

The new forks have been great, I wasn't sure what to expect with them being the cheaper 302 ones but the biggest compliment i can give them is i don't really feel them there at all, an absolute bargain at about 150 quid.

Vortexracing

150 quid!!!

bloody hell thats cheap

you did see me back flipping though didn't you

sorry i must have missed that bit

rs
    Free Member

jensonUSA, $280US which worked out around $300CAD which is somewhere around 150 quid 😀

jimmy

just like I remember BC trails. Boring, dull, I never wanna go back.

OK OK I'm lying 😥

Drac

Super looking trials BC is on my list to visit.

flatfish
    Free Member

rs do you fancy showing me round your trails next month?
    wife is trying to sort out flights now, and we'll be staying at her brothers is shaughnessey(sp)

rs
    Free Member

Should be able to sort something out, my fiancee's mum and sister are coming over in a weeks time and leave on the 9th Sep so I might be a bit tied up until then doing the tour guide bit, afterwards I should be able to show you round. whats your riding like? Interested in the north shore? bringing a bike?

Andy_K

Nice quality and trails. Big up the self-filmers 😉

flatfish
    Free Member

bringing my bike, like fast, swoopy, singletrack(simmilar to whats on your vid) but not keen on the northshore i've seen on fromme. looking at coming on or after the 25th subject to flights.

mail me, addy in profile

jedi

eagle ridge?

rs
    Free Member

Burnaby Mountain is a great little mountain with quite a few trails, enough to keep you busy for a couple of hours anyway, even the black graded ones are quite easy. One of the best features though is that there is a bus every 15 minutes with bike racks to take you back to the top 😀 Sounds good though, my riding is much the same, but if you want to try say pipeline on the shore I could show you that too, I'll fire you an email and you can get in touch nearer the time, what are you riding?

Burts
    Free Member

bringing my bike, like fast, swoopy, singletrack(simmilar to whats on your vid)

Burnaby is the best option if you've only got a few hrs, but if you've got a whole day there are some great options further afield. Galbraith Mountain, over the border near Bellingham (approx 90mins from Vancouver), is excellent for fast, swoopy XC singletrack. Squamish and Sunshine Coast also very good.

flatfish
    Free Member

i've ridden pipeline a couple of times and like about 3/4 of it and hate the rest so on that token if pipeline is a blue/black i'm looking for fast blues.
    fast is better than gnarly in my book.

riding a nicolai helius cc

rs
    Free Member

cool, we'll figure something out anyways.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘BC Self Filming’ is closed to new replies.