• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • BBC app Rio and not casting to Chromecast…..help!
  • vondally
    Free Member

Hi trying to cast the BBC sports app player to the telly via Chromecast….so have pressed the Chromecast symbol on the tablet …I get ready to cast on the telly with BBC background but as soon as I press the chosen sport it only shows on the tablet.

Tablet is android, tried daughters i phone 6 and it is doing g the same. Updated BBC app so what am I doing g wrong please

Oh can cast everything else like you tube and Google or I played just not live Olympics

Chromecast is a round one so version 2

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Suspect it’s something to do with them not having rights to casr. This doesn’t mention Chromecast specifically but reading between the lines sounds like it might apply http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/connected/chromecast/Rio_2016_live_events

captainsasquatch
    Free Member
    vondally
    Free Member

Thanks Doug, we just read that.

tjagain

I am casting from the BBC webpage ( not the app) to the TV with no issues

seosamh77
    Free Member

cast screen. live events won’t cast as normal. it’s the same on the laptop you need to cast the tab as opposed to the event, so the casting is taking the connection direct from your device, not as the chromecast normally does, ie going straight to you web connection and bypassing your device.. (plus you need your power settings to all be a full whack if you want a decent stream doing it this way.)

vondally
    Free Member

Okay getting the ready to cast sign but when I press play just casts on tablet…….three of us , 50,25, ,,23 years old all failing….dummies guide please

tjagain

I am not casting the screen. I am just casting as normal

tjagain

try doing it from the website not the app

IHN

Casting from BBC TV apps to Chromecast is flaky generally. If you did through their FAQs it’s a known problem.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘BBC app Rio and not casting to Chromecast…..help!’ is closed to new replies.