Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Evoc back protector bags experiences .
  • oldfart

Had an off Saturday landed on my back saved by Camelbak.Got me thinking about Evoc as I have ongoing spine issued . Mule capacity is only 9 litres would a 10 later Evoc be more than enough?

nonk
    Free Member

Camelbak kudzu is good

chrisdw
    Free Member

Ive got a 10 litre freeride lite. really simple bag. useful pockets. Its very wide and flat which is a welcome change to the camelback ‘hump’. Really like it, apart from the length of it. I cant get it to stop riding up and interfering with my helmet. especially when wearing a full face.

longmover
    Free Member

You can buy the Evoc bags in different lengths to suit your size, I find they are one of the few bags to fit me properly and not have the hip straps half way up my stomach. I have Freeride 16l and it is probably the best bag I have owned, the back protector feels weird at first but you soon don’t notice it at all.

iainc

I have a 10l Team Lite that I use for most rides. It replaced a Camelbak Mule. With a 2l water bladder there is decent space – I have in it – a wee pouch of spare bits, a pump, a shock pump, a shell jacket, 2 tubes, tyre levers, multitool.

I also have a 20l FR Trail Blackline one for big days in the hills, or when riding with the kids. It is huge, but very comfy when on. Recently wore for 3 days Cairngorm trip and hardly noticed it once on.

Marko

Really like it, apart from the length of it. I cant get it to stop riding up and interfering with my helmet. especially when wearing a full face.

Same problem here, so I sold it. It should have been spot on according to the size guide.

Hth
    Marko

chrisdw
    Free Member

^^ Yep I’m just over 6′ so well within the range of the M/L. The smaller size has a smaller waist belt which was too tight.

What did you replace it with?

Essentially go try them on and jump around in the shop for a bit.

Marko

What did you replace it with?

Nowt.

I only really bought it for the Mountain of Hell. I shall look again at the alternatives when my old Lowe Alpine sac turns to dust. In the meantime for the Alps I use a TLD vest type thing or a full on spine protector.

Marko

kayak23

Got a Freeride Enduro Blackline here.
    Love it. It’s more low-profile than any other packs I’ve tried, perhaps because the volume is distributed over a longer area.
    Good coverage, waist belt is good, although I sometimes find myself wanting for a smidge extra length to it 😳

Very comfortable pack. Hugs your back more than my previous Dakine Nomad which sort of sat on top of your back, whereas this seems to hug better. Thankfully can’t comment on the back protector except to say that I don’t notice that I have one on.

Had a warranty issue with my first one. UK importer was a nob, Evoc thankfully sorted it direct.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

ive got an EVOC 10l FR team, its pretty good comfort wise.

The loading up is a bit tricky as it doesn’t have any give it is quite flat which is good as it stops the load swinging about but you have to be picky about what you pack.

Which suits me a I rarely take a lot of gear with me.

jimdubleyou

I don’t have one for biking, but I do have the FR Pro for snowboarding.

Echo what’s said above really, it’s long (like my back) and slim (unlike my belly).

I have to cinch the waist belt (which could be a bit longer) to stop it from colliding with my helmet, but once you’ve got it set up, it’s fine.

Pretty comfy for a day’s boardriding.

Have considered getting one for biking, but I don’t do anything jumpy enough to worry about needing one.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Evoc back protector bags experiences .’ is closed to new replies.