• This topic has 39 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Battlefield 3 BETA
  • mart999
    Free Member

Anyone playing the Battlefield 3 Beta tonight?

spacemonkey

Another 2 days to wait? Unless you pre-ordered?

swedishmatt
    Free Member

I’ll be interested in seeing if my old dual core Athlon 2×3000 will survive the bruising 🙂 If not, either upgrade or save towards a new MTB! I really want both though (and getting married shortly so skint anyway!)

mart999
    Free Member

I’m expecting a key to play today, not received it yet. Anyway 2 days and its an open beta.

I’m playing on the 360, would love to play it on the PC but would probably have sell my bike to afford one at the right spec! 😉

afrothunder88

Hmm, I’m tempted to buy a preorder tonight to try and get access to the PC version. Anyone know if you still get early access to the beta if preordering now?

Drac

No need to preorder it’s open Beta from Thursday on all platforms. I got in the Alpha testing and it’s shaping up to be cracking game.

Drac

Some streaming footage here.

http://www.twitch.tv/bteamgaming

skeetsgb
    Free Member

downloading it as we speak, cant wait !!!!!!!

im getting it on ps3 though this time, as ive not upgraded my computer in a few years, still play the originals on my pc though, just hope the transcision from pc to console is good.

ooh about 40 mins left, i suppose to be going delamere tomorow, im going to be kanckered with no sleep !! lol

spacemonkey

Installing Origin now but it won’t log me or accept the validation key from EA. Already looking worse than Steam. Is this the only way to access the beta?

Drac

No idea but

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-series/

The Open Beta starts in a few hours though, hopefully, so you may not need it anyway.

Drac

It’s up now for PS3 and 360 apparently.

spacemonkey

Hmm. Finally got login to work via EA site but can’t find any info on accessing the beta, even though the beta site says it’s available only via Origin. Odd.

Maybe we do have to wait for the Americans to wake up and realise the 29th has already started.

anjs
    Free Member

13:00 uk time

spacemonkey

Cool. I’ll survive til then 🙂

Drac

13.00 thought it 12.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Blimming heckll…..looks like 2x graphics card to get reliable smooth BF3 🙁

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,847209/Battlefield-3-Beta-18-Radeon-and-Geforce-cards-SLI-und-Crossfire-benchmarked/Practice/

This will cost me big time. Maybe I’ll stick to BF2 with my onboard graphics.

anjs
    Free Member

Also reports seem to indicate you will probably need a quad core cpu as well to get the most out of it

pedalhead
    Free Member

hmm they’ve got 16x AF on those benchmarks. Should be able to improve the figures a bit by lowering that. Also, I wonder if BF3 uses the same HBAO (ambient occlusion) feature that BC2 did. Switching that off on my system improved framerates massively with little loss to image quality. Having said that, I don’t reckon I’ll be running this one in Eyefinity on my 2 x HD5750 cards like I did with BC2.

Drac

To get it in it’s full glory of course you need to high end machine with massive GFX power, it’s the case with all next generation games. However, it’ll run just fine and dandy in medimum settings with any descent spec machine from recent years.

I ran the Alpha ok with my Wolfdale system and 1gb 460 card. I am going to upgrade, I nearly ordered this am but going to save the cash up rather than one big fork out.

spacemonkey

O/C 3.6 i5 760, 8Gb with 6870 here. Should be good enough 🙂

spacemonkey

This Origin thing really is a heap of shit. BF3 now appears as a banner but nothing happens when you click. Arse fudge.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Its downloading for me @ 1.4meg shame this PC wont run it

spacemonkey

Give it to me then you git 🙂

GW
    Free Member

Just downloaded it and it’s installing as I type.

D’you reckon it’s quite good then Drac? 😆

Drac

Downloading now.

Yeah I enjoyed the Alpha but it didn’t have many vehicles, well one to be precise so didn’t get a chance for that. Has a nice feel to it though very like Bad Company 2 but improved.

GW
    Free Member

just played it, looks nice but not massively fussed.

don’t suppose it’ll have “free for all” in the full game?

I only realy like free for all FPS and hate the vehicles (and tactical weapons) parts of them, just wanna run about shooting folk really and find it a PITA to have to check if they’re on my side first.

Drac

Doubt it but it’ll have Team Deathmatch but they triangle above their heads for team mates is a clue to shoot them or not.

Free for All is for COD.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

just give me bf2 but shinier and more hectic

pedalhead
    Free Member

indeed

Drac

Well it’s like that too but without the easy mode of commanders and partial auto-aim. I’m also hoping the planes are harder to fly too rather than the arcade mode of BF2. BF2 made playing far too easy due the lack skill needed I gave up on it.

GW
    Free Member

they triangle above their heads for team mates is a clue to shoot them or not.

That’s too much thinking for me, I can’t even cope with Team Deathmath on COD

Drac

😯

pedalhead
    Free Member

You, sir, need Unreal Tournament instagib mode

ooOOoo
    Free Member

You’d hate BF4free then, where you can bounce a F35 off the floor at leisure 🙂

I am reading some forums & so far it’s sounding maybe quite arcadey

seosamh77
    Free Member

Unreal Tournament

still the standard by which i measure all FPS games! 😀

As for BF3 beta, been playing the last 2 nights(on ps3), and finally got my 4x scope back, tis all clicking back into place! I’m liking it..quite buggy mind, and i expect the full game will play slightly differently, still tis good!

Drac

Yeah enjoying it too, the destruction is great nothing you hide behind helps much. Lots of bugs though but they did a quick fix yesterday for some. Still it’s Beta so hope they fix them before it goes gold

Haze

Had a few games on the 360 last night, after years of playing FPS games on the PC (since SoF2) I’ve finally run out of spare money for upgrades.

It may take a while to get over the fiddly controls, wish I had my mouse and keyboard back.

Shorty121
    Free Member

I’m enjoying the gameplay of the game, I just hate the idea that you have unlock a scope or laser site…

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

Lots of graphic snags, does the ‘press select’ to spot enemies still work like bf2? glad it’s still in beta and i hope it gets better. still liking bc2 over pretty much everything else.

Drac

Yeah you can still spot but it’s limited thankfully.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Battlefield 3 BETA’ is closed to new replies.