Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Battery boxes for 18650 batteries?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I remember seeing some threads on here about these, any idea what’s good?.

Cheers.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The sorlarstorm ones are reputed to be good, not had mine long enough to say but it’s alright so far. Bought it from gearbest.

Apparently they’re only good for anything upto about 2000lumens*, there were reports of the springs not being upto the task with some of the more recent lights.

*actual, not chinese

jonwe
    Free Member

Running a solarstorm v2 box. All good with a solarstorm x2. Only down side is the usb output ( good idea) being not waterproofed (bad idea) on a waterproof battery box.

stevied
    Free Member

If it’s for 4 batteries, I’ve got a couple that I CNC milled going spare..

welshfarmer

Any more details Stevied. Interested

stevied
    Free Member

Machined from solid acetal with cable gland fitted. Never had one get water in (bit of silicon around the cable gland form the back).

whereisthurso
    Free Member

I’ve just bought one from eBay which should arrive today so I’ll let you know what it’s like.

asbrooks

Look here Battery box
    The USB connector is a good idea, however the circuitry hasn’t been designed well, even when the lamp is turned off the power drain is significant.

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

I’ve been using the Solarstorm ones for the last year, no issues at all.
    I’ve shrink wrapped the USB connector and cable tied it back against the other wire. No problems at all.

The power indicator lights rarely correlate with my X2 lamp but with decent “Torchy” batteries 2 hours is no problem,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Battery boxes for 18650 batteries?’ is closed to new replies.