Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The USB lead on the Solarstorm battery box
  • heavy_rat
    Free Member

Without really thinking I cut the USB lead off on the Solarstorm battery box to make it neater.

Whilst I achieved my goal it did lead to the battery box and/or the batteries now not working.

Presumably I’ve shorted something. Will the batteries now be useless?

asbrooks

Take a look through this. It’s a bit long winded, but there’s some instructions on how to remove the USB part of the circuit. Solarstorm battery pack
    I have the same pack and have done the mod. Works fine.

tillydog
    Free Member

Whilst I achieved my goal it did lead to the battery box and/or the batteries now not working.

What leads you to this conclusion?

Leaving the battery box on its own for a few weeks will discharge the batteries enough that they appear dead.

Otherwise, check that there aren’t strands of wire shorting together where you have cut the USB off.

Ideally charge up the batteries outside the box, just to confirm that they work.

asbrooks – Member

Take a look through this. – good link, thanks. I feel some butchery coming on…

heavy_rat
    Free Member

Thanks asbrooks will check that link out.

Tillydog, I charged the batteries all day yesterday, then as I was getting ready to ride I had the lightbulb moment and snipped the wire off. The lights worked initially, it was only an hour later when it got dark that I realised I had possibly broke it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘The USB lead on the Solarstorm battery box’ is closed to new replies.