Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bathroom laminate flooring with under floor heating (electric)
  • dropoff

I have a customer who’s bathroom I’m refitting shortly. They have now changed their minds from a tiled floor to laminate. They wish to keep the under floor heating ( which works well with tiles ) with the laminate. Now my question to the collective is this, has anyone fitted or had fitted UFH with laminate flooring in their bathroom and does it work ? Any views welcome. Ta

leffeboy

It’s quit possible it won’t work but the only real way to know is to do the calculations. Laminate flooring (and the foam layer you often have underneath it) will have a lot higher thermal resistance than tile. This means that the electric heating would need a higher temp to get the heat through for the same end room temp. This may not be a problem but it may also be that it is too high and there is a thermal cutout.

The real answer is that I don’t know but I would be concerned enough to do a detailed check before investing in the laminate. As a minimum I would look at the website of the underfloor heating as sometimes there is detailed enough info. there to work it out

Edit: just checked and I don’t have our installation guide any more so I can’t even make an estimate – sorry

john_drummer
    Free Member

not sure if I’d want electric underfloor heating in my bathroom 😯

singletrackmind

I fitted it to a tiled floor .
    Bloomin lovely it is too. Used a mat type as the floor was a regular shape .
    Dont know about laminate flooring , think LB is bang on though . Too much insulation and a poor thermal path . Also kinda pointless as laminates are nowhere near as cold as tiles .

dropoff

Thanks for the replies. The UFH supplier that I normally use ( Warm up) do a product specifically for use with laminate, but as has been said here I can’t really see the point. thanks again, confirmed what I thought 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bathroom laminate flooring with under floor heating (electric)’ is closed to new replies.