Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Barstewards Nicked my new wheels rant !!!
  • Ifrider
    Free Member

Leaving work today all set for a good bank holiday wk end with some well earned riding… Approaching the bike sheds, noticed something not right with the new Roadrat, my heart sinks when I see a s**t pair of wheels propped up against the bike, the frame hanging there on the Citadel lock. Unfortunately, I hadn't been able to put the lock through rear wheel and frame due to the crap design of bike-sheds so some scumbag chav has rode in with their knackered heap and fitted my Mavic GXP22's on 105 hubs to theirs leaving the s**t ones behind to really take the p**s !!!! What is it with people, this isn't inner city, this is quiet Stafford…My place of work has a massive new bike sheds with a scanning CCTV… Feeling really disheartened now, I'm honest, work hard, try and help eberyone out etc 🙁 Still it's only a set of wheels and nobodies hurt but…

TheSwede
    Free Member

Get the wheels finger printed by the fuzz. Should be covered in dabs.

Ifrider
    Free Member

Actually SOCO came out within an hour and the guy took them away although didn't think he could do much. Reckoned it may be an inside job (someone that works there too) Thing is, I'd been buying the bits off here over the last few weeks, been proper helped out from the top blokes off here and the bike was literally built up 3 wks this Sunday. Was really starting to enjoy the road miles too !!!

colnagokid

"scanning cctv"
    You may have your scum-bag on there?

Drillski
    Free Member

where in stafford?

mike_check
    Free Member

http://www.staffordrc.org/src/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=53

maybe worth asking guys on here to keep a look out?

Ifrider
    Free Member

Drillski – Perkins, near the hospital…
    Just been in to security and they haven't picked anything up on CCTV 🙁 House insurance just told me they're not covered too so feeling pretty sick. Learnt a lesson about not taking security for granted from now on. I always d-lock the frame and back wheel to something secure but couldn't on this occasion. It was next to a £1k MTB with lights pumps etc and that was still all there when I found mine.

kinda666
    Free Member

:(Ifrider, my m,ate works there too, Chris Toon, sometimes rides in on a blue and white fixie, Check see if he aint had them!!

Ifrider
    Free Member

kinda666, yeah I've seen that fixie, quite nice too… Ask him to keep his ears open, gotta be someone that works there…

kinda666
    Free Member

I've sent him a text this morning about it, was out for beer and curry with him last night, think he's off this week though!

Ifrider
    Free Member

Will offer £50 for anyone that'll "offer" info on it kinda666 tell him!!

kinda666
    Free Member

Will do Ifrider!

Drillski
    Free Member

Bummer dude, will keep eyes peeled in stafford area while "ayt and abayt"

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Barstewards Nicked my new wheels rant !!!’ is closed to new replies.