Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Barcelona V Man U Spoiler
  • Hadge
    Free Member

Any welders on here? Apparently someones needed to weld the top back onto a double decker bus – please apply at Manchester, Old Trafford 😆

tails
    Free Member

a lot more route 1 from Man Utd than I expected.

christ thats an understatement i was screaming at them to do something. chelsea and liverpool are both great at route one, United can play it but not for a whole game not against barca should have stood toe to toe but ultimatly xavi and ineista are currently better than carrick and who ever else plays. Missed hargreaves type player

????????

Whenever a british person/team does well in recent years say chelsea, united, gunners, cavendish, murray there is always another british person hating them.

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

Never sure about games that like that. Was it Barca playing well making Utd look poor?

United had no tempo, didn’t press & defended poorly for both goals. As soon as Barca scored Utd didn’t have any response, I expected them to come out after half time (they were back on the pitch early enough) & play at a much higher tempo, but they didn’t.

Utd’s performance tonight was just a bit meh.

chela
    Free Member

Poor. Very poor. I thought Barca were made to look good, and they don’t need much help at that. If you let them play they look great. But even Chelsea showed in the semi that if you hustle them and play hard and at tempo they can be ordinary.

If Utd had a midfield on the pitch tonight they might’ve been able to do that. But I couldn’t see one. They really needed Hargreaves to rise Lazarus-like from his treatment table.

I know playing Rooney wide has worked before, but I’ve always thought it was a waste. And overly consevative too, esp against a team you don’t want to give the upper hand to and one with a not-great defence. He’s a number 10. Play him off a striker FFS.

johnhoo
    Free Member

didn’t watch it. Can’t watch ManUre unless my team’s playing them (and usually losing) – which hasn’t happened lately as we’re now stuck in div3 🙁 MOT.

Have a soft spot for Barca too.

RepacK
    Free Member

I really thought Utd would win – after Chelsea showed a way in which to play Barca i.e. high tempo & hustle them you can knock them out of their stride. Couple that with Utd’s attacking potential – I really thought Utd would win..

And I agree with Chela – Rooney is better in the middle of the park, hes not a winger.

billybob
    Free Member

And I agree with Chela – Rooney is better in the middle of the park, hes not a winger.

A whinger maybe, but not a winger!

crispybacon
    Free Member

Turned on the TV last night at 9pm to watch ‘Britain’s got talent’ on ITV1 but I saw this instead

trailmonkey

Loving all this talk of Barcelona being average and Man Utd playing badly and making them look good, FFS. Barcelona won at a canter. Utd were poor and played route one because the Barca back 4 played a high line and condensed the game, Utd never had the personel to play the short, tight passing game that this created. Barca did, excellent gameplan from Guardiola. Iniesta and Xavi were so dominant and played with so much energy that the Utd midfield hardly sniffed the ball and when they did, the only option was a long ball. Utd’s mistake was not playing the long ball (it was their only option) but not finding a way to exploit it.

The best side won and they were excellent.

grumm
    Free Member

The best side won and they were excellent.

Excellent in terms of tactics maybe, but it was hardly a thrilling display from the ‘world’s best team’ was it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So what do we want Barca to do…play big long crossfield diagonal balls to wingers belting up and down the line like greyhound hares? That’s just not how they play and as I said before, they make no secret of how they’re going to approach the game.

No, it wasn’t the cut and thrust type thing we demand from the premiership but I love watching teams play that possession football. It’s obviously just a personal thing. While I love the speed of the prem football, I also appreciate how difficult it can be to keep the ball for so long taking only one or two touches with each pass.

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Barcelona V Man U Spoiler’ is closed to new replies.