Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • bar height
  • craighill
    Free Member

So I run my bars reasonably high, 15mm spacers under the stem, Renthal 10* riser stem and Renthal 20mm riser bars, I set it up like this when I built the bike, rode it for a few weeks, it felt fine, but decided I would try it 5mm lower, went for a ride and felt good, problem started when I got to the local jumps, i seemed to be nose diving the jumps, so I concentrated on getting my weight back and was jumping ok, however it didn’t feel natural, went home put the 5mm spacers back under the stem and jumping fine again, felt natural as ever.

Question is, do I persevere with the bar height 5mm lower and get used to it until it becomes natural, or keep the bars where they are. I don’t have any problems with cornering, but can’t help thinking there’s more to come with slightly lower bars.

Bike is transition covert used for trail riding, downhill and everything in between

Craig

Toasty

More bikes is the obvious solution, one with 5mm lower bars.

scandal42
    Free Member

Did the front end lift on climbs before you took the spacer out?

craighill
    Free Member

Yeah the front end gets light and wanders, I think I am going to revert to bars 5mm lower and get used to that, I think it will be better in the long run

Andy-R

Some people must be far more sensitive to bar height than I am – I doubt very much that I could tell if someone changed my bar height by 5mm (without telling me). I don’t think that I’ve ever changed my bar heights in less than 10mm increments – it never seemed worthwhile.

Maybe it’s different if you only ever ride the one bike, which I don’t.

prezet
    Free Member

Personally I wouldn’t be able to notice a 5mm height difference.

craighill
    Free Member

i can definitely feel a change, not just riding around, manualing and how the bike handles in the air , my local has some little gap jumps, probably 8-10ft tip to tip and its definitely noticeable, for me anyways.

so I have just taken the 5mm from under the stem and put it on top, I will just get used to it like this as I think it will be beneficial in the long run.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘bar height’ is closed to new replies.