Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 178 total)
  • While we wait for the Cotic Rocket…
  • merynella
    Free Member

Which option are you going for? XT full build? Rolling chassis? Frame only? CCDB or Fox shock? Colour? If you’re going for frame or rolling chassis what are you planning to build it with?

Mine will be green frame with CCDB, adding Slants, SLX bits, Reverb, Hope Flows. Not too late to tweak, though.

Clobber
    Free Member

Is the new one going to be 650B?

passtherizla
    Free Member

[/url]
    Untitled by passtherizla, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]
    Untitled by passtherizla, on Flickr[/img]

got one already 😉

Black is of course the best colour.

fox 36 160s
    Slx and zee drive
    formula RX brakes
    Renthal stem
    sunline bars
    flow ex Hoops

passtherizla
    Free Member

Clobber – Member

NO

merynella
    Free Member

Nice. What size tyres are those? I’m thinking of 2.35 Maxxis Minions, no wider.

bigrich

stickerz iz cool, yo.

passtherizla
    Free Member

2.35 wtb weirwolf on the back and a 2.4 big betty upfront. the betty is huge but the fox could take a 2.5 easy as could the frame.

passtherizla
    Free Member

bigrich – Member
    stickerz iz cool, yo.

better and cheaper than helitape if you happen to have 20+ years of stickers lying around.

tangoman19
    Free Member

Ordered an Orange frame with the Fox shock…. Thinking 1×10 inc a 42/40t on the back for my pussy legs.

XT drivetrain with a 32t N/W ring.
    Slant Forks @ 150mm
    My old but trusty Formula Rx brakes
    SS switch evos/Stans Flow
    Easton Havoc 35 Bars & Stem
    Reverb

Cannot wait.

andytherocketeer

Black is of course the best colour.

or only colour.
    I’ll pre-order a Black L frame the day the email goes out to the mailing list saying they’ll do black frames again.

Spec would be full XT 2×10 (black), brakes tbd, 150 Revs or Fox up front (must be black, cos white forks on black bikes looks silly), Flows w/ Stans or Hope hubs (all black), and mostly Hope (black) bits.
    edit: and I might have to personalise the logos/badges a bit 😉

passtherizla
    Free Member

sounds like a good build.

merynella
    Free Member

2×10 for me too. Slants to be at 150.

davewalsh
    Free Member

Pre-ordered a large orange with hope headset and fox shock but considering changing to the CCDBAir.
    Rest of build with be 150mm rev rlt ti fork, pro 2 / flow ex wheels with 2.3 butcher front and 2.35 minion dhf rear. Old school 3×9 xt drivetrain, formula oro k24 brakes, reverb, havoc carbon bar and Thomson stem.
    Can’t wait to get it built 🙂

misinformer
    Free Member

I think youll find the 26 aint dead thing was a bit of a fib there’s pictures on the web and theirs a website link somewhere showing it

tangoman19
    Free Member

Frames now delayed until end of April… Bit of a kick in the b*llocks…

merynella
    Free Member

They seem to have been rather unlucky. I’m going to convince myself that it will be good for me to wait, and in the meantime make the most of the bike I’ve got.

passtherizla
    Free Member

misinformer – Member
    I think youll find the 26 aint dead thing was a bit of a fib there’s pictures on the web and theirs a website link somewhere showing it

Let’s see this link then…

ratherbeintobago

Let’s see this link then…

+1

Only link I can find is this one:

misinformer
    Free Member

They seem to have been rather unlucky. I’m going to convince myself that it will be good for me to wait, and in the meantime make the most of the bike I’ve got

Whadya mean unlucky?

merynella
    Free Member

The firm lined up to bend the seat stays not able to deliver due to terminal illness.

passtherizla
    Free Member

misinformer living up to his name i reckon….

misinformer
    Free Member

misinformer living up to his name i reckon….

Wtf are you on about

Mackem

That link is for a 26″ rocket with 650B wheels stuck in it and not quite working. Not at all like Cotic doing a 650B Rocket.

ratherbeintobago

That link is for a 26″ rocket with 650B wheels stuck in it and not quite working. Not at all like Cotic doing a 650B Rocket.

That was kind of my point.

@Misinformer – where’s this link of yours, then?

misinformer
    Free Member

That was kind of my point.

@Misinformer – where’s this link of yours, then?

How would I know it was on one of those photo sites of bits being made.

Iv’e lost interest now ,not waiting any longer

passtherizla
    Free Member

I’m with Mackem and Tobago on this one…

misinformer
    Free Member

I’m with Mackem and Tobago on this one…

Which is what?

passtherizla
    Free Member

Which is what?

That you have provided (imo) misinformation… Happy to be proved otherwise.

But as you have stated we’ll have to find it for ourselves.

Rik
    Free Member

Surprised this thread doesn’t mention the Cotic Rocket 29er that I saw out in the Peak the other week.

Looked like a finished frame rather a prototype mule. So once Cy can eventually get the 26 inch model out I’m sure there will be an announcement for the 29er soon after.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Wanted one for a while and the uk build makes it more tempting, however the transition covert is slowly winning me over, 300 quid cheaper to…
    Anyone ridden both?

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I thought Cotic might be offering a longer travel 29er. Solely based on them having Pike RCT3 140 forks for sale in 29 guise.

colournoise

Had all the build kit sitting around since last August. So my ‘new’ Rocket will actually be a ‘2013’ model.

Would have liked a black one, but have gone for a small orange.

X-Fusion Slants
    Flow EX on Superstar Tesla (with Purgatory f, The Captain r)
    Reverb
    X9/X0 drivetrain (1×10, 32T, 11-36 cassette. Might go for a 40T bailout cog though)
    Spattering of Superstar, Funn, Raceface, Charge finishing kit.

Should hopefully come in somewhere around 29lb.

merynella
    Free Member

I haven’t ridden a Covert but I did test a Bandit. I felt they were quite similar to each other but found the Cotic a bit more easy to throw around and liked the extra 20mm on the rear. Not sure that really helps draw any conclusions re the Covert, though.

roverpig

What sort of travel was that 29er Rik?

I’ve been waiting for Orange to update their Gyro for a while now (shorter chain stays etc) so it will be “interesting” if there is going to be another UK built frame option to consider. I’m more interested in a fun XC/Trail 29er than a long travel bruiser though.

merynella
    Free Member

I’ll be delighted if my Rocket comes in as light as 29lb, but with both the Reverb and CCDBA I’ll be happy with 32. That would still be lighter than my Gary Fisher 29er hard tail, though.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If they do arrive by the end of April, that’ll be 14 months since I originally ordered. Incredible wait.

merynella
    Free Member

Veteran. It’ll be just 10 months for me. I console myself with the knowledge that I should be getting a better bike than if I’d got one last June. It’s also been spared a shit winter.

swanny853

Impressed. It’s been a year since I demoed one but couldn’t actually put the order in until the new batch opened up in Jan. Order went in within an hour then!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No need to be impressed, I gave up waiting after 10 months, and bought a SB66. I hope the excitement and expectation surrounding the rocket hasn’t fizzled out by the time they’re finally available, as Cy deserves a break.

colournoise

Demoed at the start of June and went straight on the waiting list, so will end up being 10 months for me too.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘While we wait for the Cotic Rocket…’ is closed to new replies.