Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Banshee Prime
  • dmorts

I’m interested in the Banshee Prime and wonder if anyone owns or has ridden one? I’d like to know your thoughts

I was first interested in a Spitfire as it would take my 26″ wheels and fork, thinking I could then ‘upgrade’ it to 27.5 at some point… but in reality I’d probably fit new 27.5 forks and wheels and then wonder what all the fuss was about!

Then the Prime came to my attention as it can be built up in a few geometry combinations, taking 27.5+ or 29. With that I really could have two wheelsets without switching forks. 29″ for winter or longer rides and 27.5+ for stupid levels of grip on drier trails.

The main downside of the Prime is the likely build price, say compared to an off the shelf Cannondale Bad Habit or Cube Stereo. I know the they’re not quite the same as the Prime but could be had for a considerable amount less.

Those are my current thoughts…

Also, anything else I should consider?

spev

I’ve got one, it’s excellent, not tried + in it yet but not that interested, it’s very capable and unlike most 29ers ( I’ve ridden quite a few). I agree that the build price could be high, I was lucky as I already had everything bar frame and fork. Its hard to compare to cubes and the like as itsoon less trail bike and more enduro (I hate that term, but it’s the nearest to how it feels). It covers rough ground almost as well as my dh bike.
    If your near Swansea come throw a leg over mine for a test ( if you have a local dealer ask about special offer frames, ison have some in sizes)

Poopscoop

There is a really nice one on Pikebike. No Im nothing to do with the seller.

£1899 and a properly lovely build/ bike.

I know about it as I was GUTTED it was a Medium frame and not a large as I would have snapped it up otherwise. Pending going to look at it! lol

Anyway, have a search there if a Medium is any good, its a black frame, you wont miss it. Proper nice stealth look.

Good luck eitherway!

Shackleton

Prime is not a trail bike like the spitfire. If you want a trail 29er from Banshee you want the Phantom (also does 650b+).

I bought the Phantom because something like the prime mades all but the most difficult trails seem dull. I demoed one around glentress and innerleithen and it felt boring! If you are after a trail 29er there are many more options now that take 650b+ (cotic rocket max or flare max would be on my list now, also transition smuggler).

If you are near Dundee you are welcome to throw a leg over my Phantom (size L). Pedals in Edinburgh are dealers too if that helps.

pigyn
    Free Member

We are indeed and we even just built up a new Prime demo bike, come full circle since the first banshee demo! Proper fun machine, very capable.

See also Salsa Horsetheif/Pony Rustler for something less aggressive than the Prime, sits very well alongside the Phantom/Smuggler etc. I am currently running on with 27×3″ tyres and it’s very very fast

Horsethief Frame

Also got an offer full build medium at £2999 in carbonz

And I have spelt Horsethief wrong ALL over our website, which I am sure helps with SEO

dmorts

pigyn, I was in touch over Facebook last week 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Banshee Prime’ is closed to new replies.