Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Banned from cycling to work
  • Brother_Will
    Free Member

Seems odd when you compare to F1 where many drivers cycle as part of their personal training including including mark webber who was featured in this very magazine and i many ways they are even more indispensable then a footballer as the teams are much smaller.

nealglover
    Free Member

Probably not as prone to minor injuries making them incapable of performing though.

Stainypants

A certain Yorkshire and England cricket captain used to play 5 side in my mates team I’m pretty sure that wasn’t allowed in his central contact

edhornby

surely a turbo and/or runnning would be a better method of training ? he’s not going to achieve much on a commute especially if there is traffic and lights etc surely?

ampthill

Mark Webber said in a recent interview that was grateful to Red Bull to sticking by him when he was injured on his bike

It sounds like he wasn’t allowed to go mountain biking. Or they had the option to drop him if he was hurt

Over 200,000 people are injured on the roads every year. (DfT 2012)

You know that link to a document that says that everything is down except cycling accidents and the number you quote includes cycling accidents

GrahamS

You know that link to a document that says that everything is down except cycling accidents and the number you quote includes cycling accidents

Yep, but it also shows that cars and walking also represent a significant risk to “company assets”.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Surely he should be aspiring to drive to work in a ridiculously powerful sportscars like premier league stars. They never have accidents.Or a massive Range Rover battletank. Can your pal not have a rollcage, fire extinguisher, bulletproof oakleys etc put on his bike, along with a mahoosive stereo system and bling alloys?

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

I know few professional sportsmen, and most are banned from taking part in any other sports, excluding golf strangely. One can’t even do any form of exersise unless supervised by one of theclubs trainers. Even children on a few football teams books are excluded from kickibg a ball around in the streets.
    its all to do with their insurance, risk assessments, and protecting their investments.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Banned from cycling to work’ is closed to new replies.