Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Balls…..just broke my bottom bracket cup !!
  • renton
    Free Member

Well that has buggered up my planned ride for tomorrow.

Just tapping the press fit cup out of my frame the same way as I did the first time and its all shattered and fell to bits.

Bloody press fit is a pain in the arse.

wiggles
    Free Member

Why are you taking it out?

Unless you are replacing it which means it won’t matter if it is broken.

allthepies
    Free Member

^^ that, they’re fit and forget aren’t they.

bigblackshed

Swapping his frame? 😉

renton
    Free Member

Nope trying to shorten the internal cable for the dropper post.

simondbarnes

They’re not really designed to be removed and refitted so not too surprising. Bit of a bugger though 🙁

renton
    Free Member

I thought I was onto a winner as it came out ok first time.

andysredmini
    Free Member

My shimano press fit dropped apart when removing when stripping for frame warranty.
    I put the broken pieces together and it’s worked perfectly since. Maybe worth trying to bodge it back together.

robhughes
    Free Member

I’m now using these instead of shimano rubbish.Plus they don’t fall apart.
    Last a lot longer as well.
    Made by Token and can’t recommend them enough.Pack them right up with a good bearing grease before fitting.18 months later and still spin like a spiny thing.
    link.

iainc

Too late for you, but I had success replacing dropper internal outer by gaffa taping new to old and wiggling through from down tube to seat tube, bit time consuming as per previous thread. Something is clicking/rattling now tho…

iainc

If just shortening, wiggle it through so that outer is visible at top of seat tube, pull back inner and cut a bit off outer at the bar end, then wiggle it all back to right place

MSP

Well I am disappointed, I was hoping for a story about Ed Balls forcing his way through your front door, off his tits on meth amphetamines and horse tranquillisers, attacking your bike with a mallet, while laughing like a James Bond villain. Frankly your version of events just seems a bit boring.

renton
    Free Member

Ianc that’s exactly what I’ve done only I couldn’t get it moving around the bottom bracket area so had to take one bb cup out to get my fingers in there.

All sorted now. Just got to wait for it to turn up from merlin cycles.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Balls…..just broke my bottom bracket cup !!’ is closed to new replies.