• This topic has 42 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ojom.
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Back protectors for skiing
  • NZCol

I have been clocked at 82mph through a speed trap while forerunning a world cup downhill…I had a helmet on though 😀

Given the improvement in wearability of these things I'd go for it – why not ? I have been helicoptered off (the same) ski field twice – i worked on ski school and patrol. Both times was because i was hit by fckn nutcase eejits ! The first one got a beating for it as well apparently (i don;t remember that bit). Had I had a back protector on it might have helped me a bit.

Stripe
    Free Member

and it is the responsibility of the rider/skier upslope to take evasive action where nessecary

Those are the rules!

Looks like there was plenty of space for evasive manouvers to me.

ojom
    Free Member

There is a student chap who comes in a lot to buy POC from us for Skiing. Every time he comes in with an injury – always good spirited though. Good sense of humour.

The injuries, luckily, are never on the part of the body he had some armour on.

He last got a Spine Vest and Receptor but he has a Cortex DH and Ergo Flow as well.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Back protectors for skiing’ is closed to new replies.