Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Back on MTB after 7 months off post-spine surgery :-D
  • vickypea
    Free Member

After major surgery to my spine 7 months ago, the surgeon has declared my bone graft to be solid and 2 weeks ago, I got the green light to get back on my MTB. I’ve missed it so much, including the social side of it. So far, I’ve done 3 Peak District rides, and 2 laps of Llandegla on Monday. I thought I would have lost some confidence, but I haven’t. I just need a few more rides back to being fit enough to join my mates again 😆

P20

Excellent!!
    Wor lass (ahsat) had a few months off a couple of years ago. Her first ride back was just along the old railway lines, I was so happy being back out on the bike with her again.

kimbers

just in time for summer, i hope

ton

fantastic news that vickypea…….. 8)

maxtorque

Pigface
    Free Member

Great news

munrobiker
    Free Member

I don’t think your mates will mind you being slower than you used to be, they’ll just be glad to see you out on the bike again- it must be a great feeling!

Esme
    Free Member

Well done on your recovery, Vicky – it must have required a lot of patience.
    This ride would be perfect for you . . . except you’ll be too fit by the end of June 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

Excellent news. However aren’t you supposed to take it a bit easy with some smooth xc riding to start with, all that terrain sounds a bit rough

Northwind

Congrats! I remember my first time back on the motorbike after I got the OK- forget about crutches, I was so high after that I could hover 😆

vickypea
    Free Member

Thanks everyone 🙂 and thanks for all the supportive comments I got on this forum when I was fretting pre- and post-surgery.

Jambalaya- the surgeon gave me the go ahead to ride my road bike a few months ago, and at my final appointment 2 weeks ago, he said I can now do whatever I want, and even encouraged me to push my body now I’ve recovered.
    I did some flat trails, canal towpaths, etc, in March and April, but it took me a while to get any half-reasonable fitness back as the surgery totally exhausted me for at least 4 months and then I had a massive workload for a couple of months.

antigee

stick at it (carefully) and enjoy 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Back on MTB after 7 months off post-spine surgery :-D’ is closed to new replies.